Best deals on a new Transporter?

m33ufo

First post on the forum :)

I've recently started looking at the Transporter to replace my current estate and was hoping for some advice on who to approach for the best deals on new vehicles? Specifically I'm after a manual TDi 150 SWB Highline Kombi.

Thanks all.

As it happens, Swiss Vans are just a few miles away! They offered me a deal on what looks like the same van as yours - an Indium T32 Highline Kombi with a few extras. Not what I was actually looking for but a good deal. I might pop in later for a chat.

Swiss vans were best for me too,

I dealt with Dean and he was brilliant.

Deanm@vansales.com

If you mention me you might be able to wangle a few freebies as they are wanting to use my van for a feature

My suggestion is tell them what you want and see what they can offer :)

I'll need to tighten up my spec and see how they do.

I'm a little disappointed in the choice of colours....I fancied Pure Grey but it's only available on the Start Line.

First post on the forum :)

I've recently started looking at the Transporter to replace my current estate and was hoping for some advice on who to approach for the best deals on new vehicles? Specifically I'm after a manual TDi 150 SWB Highline Kombi.

Thanks all.
Shop around and be happy to walk away! You can save at least 10% on dealer price and get more extras thrown in to take it to around 15% before they’ll say no... shy boys get no sweets!

I got around 15% off on a 150 SWB Highline DSG by going through Auto Ebid. I told them I only wanted to deal with VW dealers and they hooked me up with one (free delivery so it didn't matter where in the country). Their fee for finding the deal was £100 which for me was money well spent as both my local dealers would not move beyond 5%

I got around 15% off on a 150 SWB Highline DSG by going through Auto Ebid. I told them I only wanted to deal with VW dealers and they hooked me up with one (free delivery so it didn't matter where in the country). Their fee for finding the deal was £100 which for me was money well spent as both my local dealers would not move beyond 5%
Out of interest was it a stock vehicle or a factory order? Cheers

The big deals seem to be available from brokers - they'll supply a new vehicle to your spec but you won't be the first registered keeper. After 6 months or so the vehicle gets registered in your name. I've been offered more than 20% discount by going this route.

The big deals seem to be available from brokers - they'll supply a new vehicle to your spec but you won't be the first registered keeper. After 6 months or so the vehicle gets registered in your name. I've been offered more than 20% discount by going this route.

How is that legally undertaken? You buy a new van and they keep it in their name for 6/12 months?

I got offered this by someone when I was looking but thought it sounded dodgy, so walked away and got 11% from VW Van Centre Birmingham.

Legally....I'm not sure. I assume there's a contract involved. Seems very common as I've been offered a few deals via this purchase method from different suppliers.

Legally....I'm not sure. I assume there's a contract involved. Seems very common as I've been offered a few deals via this purchase method from different suppliers.

A few on here have fallen foul of this, so be aware of the risks if you go this route....

Most dealers offered me around 10%, again you can play them off against each other...

For me the deal though Swiss was already better than this and I managed to save a further 5% off their monthly payments as I know they were desperate to do a deal on the stock van with the dealer. I'm the first registered keeper and got a deal on the service pack thrown in. Oh, and I only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery!

I'd advise getting your spec sorted and decide on what you are prepared to compromise and then play hard ball on a good deal and be prepared to walk away!...

Good luck!

I've had a turnaround on spec. After sleeping on it I'm going to keep it simple....TDi 150 SWB Highline Kombi in a solid colour (probably Cherry Red), split 2nd row seat and heated washer nozzles. Those are my basic requirements.

I got my 150 highline kombi from swansway Liverpool . I fell upon it realy, called them for a pre registered one they had advertised.
Turned out that was sold but they had a unregistered one they let me have for the same price. Had a couple of small hiccups with the advert , no led rear lights , but they sorted that . Might be worth looking at what they have got in ?

Back