Hi everybody

I'm looking for some advice on where to get a few of each type of terminal / pin / socket (maybe as a 5 of everything type set) and how to tell the terminals apart.

My local dealer has just charged me £13 for a single repair wire with a terminal crimped on each end. Its in a bag with 000 979 038 EA on the sticker. When I search for that part number on Aliexpress.com I get offered rakes of different part numbers, all with the standard '1-3 cm tolerance' because manual measurement.

Many of these different part numbers look similar (or identical) so I'm hoping that someone might be able to give a bit of a guide to which ones are suitable replacements for standard VW part numbers and which ones are not worth the trouble to get shipped from China.

The two terminals I am currently looking for are:
  • 000 979 041 E which is described as '6C3F wire set' on the invoice. This one goes in the door loom connector for the electric mirror.
  • 000 979 038 EA which is cryptically described as 'WIRES' on the invoice. This is the female pin for the plug on the end of the mirror loom which mates with the male pin above.
Searching on Aliexpress.com for these part numbers I find loads of options, but none of them have the 'correct' part numbers. It becomes a self disrupting experience because the search falls back to showing more of whatever it previously offered the longer you look - i.e. the more times it shows me its best 'endeavours' the more those specific things will show up in searches where there isn't an good match. Go searching for Anderson plugs and then when you start to search for VW part numbers it fills the screen with Anderson plug related items and items with different part numbers.

I'd like to have a good selection of everything I might need but I'm flailing around here. Does anyone have good information on these things and where to get them outside of the VW dealer network? - £13 on Aliexpress could get me a few hundred terminals with 2wk shipping to the UK!

Thanks

D

Don’t buy the cheaper options. I had some issues with a THQ V2 headlight adapter loom (H&L beam together), caused all kinds of lighting issues. The THQ socket has corrosion but the mating VW plug was clean.
I suspect the tin plating of the terminals to be less than optimum.
One way to do a sample check is to leave a new terminal in a brine solution and see how long it lasts before corroding.
(Now removed and adapted with Carista Beta).

Hi All

Hoping someone might be able to help. The connectors in the 17 pin multiway connector under my passenger seat that link to the rear ABS sensors are corroded and I get intermittent warning messages for ABS as result. Volkswagen only supply the wire tails with the crimps already in place . Its part numbers 000 979 022EA and 000 979 026EA I believe. However I don't want to use these as they are expensive and don't leave the wiring looking original. Does anyone know where I can buy the crimps themselves plus the crimp tool and the crimp extraction tool to suit. Thanks

Back