Battery shelf mode

When you say fully charge a couple of times should I look to completely deplete it after the first full charge?
My (yet to be installed) appliances consist of 12v sockets and usb chargers so it might take a while! :laugh:

The IP65 has a charge profile that can have set times between charge stages....

For example 4hrs max absorption...

Meaning the charger will move to float or storage mode before the battery is actually fully charged.

So pressing the mode button on the charger restarts the charge cycle......

When the charger moves to float with in a couple of mins you know it's deffo charged.

The charger app will show you the charged Ah gone in.

And the battery app will show you the SoC.

You have a 15A charger so it should take no more than 6-8hrs..

Post some pics of.your apps and that.

Interesting, no mention of that in the manual that I could see!
Good tip, thanks.
Renogy app leaves a lot to be desired, I keep having to rescan for the battery.

1000007932.png

1000007933.png

1000007934.png

When batteries of cells are put together then they may take a few cycles to come to balance.

Lithium cells should have forming cycles done during manufacturing, it's often not clear if batteries do as well as these are rather proprietary/trade secret aspects.

I would try and put the battery through a few cycles that match a cell forming profile. So charge gently and hold at float for 24 hours if possible and then gently discharge to 20%

Try and do that around 5 times if you can. Hopefully you may see the logged capacity creep up a bit.

Gently in this case is probably less than the 15A your charger is capable of, I'd probably do the first couple of cycles at the reduced 4A rate

A good load for a gentle discharge is something like one of the old 50w 12v MR16 house down lights, I have a couple I use for cycling the event batteries.

Back