Battery Monitor

Not the end of the here but interested if anyone has the same issue with there bm2 ,at the moment my volt meter in my pm unit is 13.2 but the bm2 is showing under 13.1 , also when I installed my new battery I checked with my multimeter when wired up and it was on par with my pm unit , also with my old battery I used to get message telling me my battery was around 12.2 and my pm unit would be 12.3 or sometimes 12.4 so always been around 0.15v lower , can I adjust this or have I mibi got a faulty one , as I say not end of world but if there's a fix then will be great

IMG_20200217_160442.jpg

Screenshot_20200217-160420.jpg

I joined the BM2 club also...ii have one on the main battery (which being a T6, gradually goes flat!) And another on the leisure battery which is topped up from the solar mounted to the roof. Also got the BM3 app to display both batteries at once. Here is my 1st days charts

Screenshot_20200501-123032.png

You could try a small trickle charger fitted between the leisure battery and main battery @sparkzer ,when the solar charges the leisure battery fully, it will trickle charge your main battery,keeping it topped up,seem to workIMG_1076.PNG

You could try a small trickle charger fitted between the leisure battery and main battery @sparkzer ,when the solar charges the leisure battery fully, it will trickle charge your main battery,keeping it topped up,seem to work

Funny you mention that..i have knocked something up that will do the same thing. it involves 2 cigarette lighter plugs, a length of cable and some very basic electronics. partly why i fitted the BM2s was so i could get some data before and after. it sorta feels like im working around the problem with the crappy Moll battery fitted, however I'm aiming to get that swapped out before the warranty ends!

Just to follow up on my own post above...having not used the van for a while the main battery was begining to dip...plugged in the aforementioned cable about 10:30 AM and unplugged at 19:00...as you can see solar output starts to dip about 16:00 as the van becomes partly in shaddow. The diode I'm using was salvaged could probably do with changing to up the volts a bit. As the voltage difference between the 2 batteries is not that great current flow is low..about 300mA. BM2s showing both batteries are fully charged this morning.

Screenshot_20200508-120211.png

Last edited:
QUICKLYNKS Battery Monitor BM2

Just ordered 2 of these from Amazon. 1 for the starter battery and 1 for the leisure. Anything I should know before fitting them?

And enjoying warm cabin when setting off in the morning - evidently! :thumbsup:

Back