BM3 multi battery monitor link problems

slocumjoseph

The Ancient Mariner
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve recently got myself a refurbed Android Google Pixel 5. It’s as good as a new phone but I’m having a few problems getting some of the old apps to work. Victron Connect is now working with the shunt and the Renogy app monitors the DC to DC charger nicely. Both BM2 battery monitors have been ok on my old phone, sending bluetooth signals to the BM3 multi battery app but Play Store don’t recognise it. I finally got hold of it through another distributor. It would not pair with any of the BM units for ages but finally found the starter battery. Since then I’ve tried for over an hour to get the leisure battery linked but it will not recognise and pair. Am I missing something? Or is there a better multi battery monitor these days.

The recent reviews of the BM3 app are not great, do you have more success with the BM2 app?

The recent reviews of the BM3 app are not great, do you have more success with the BM2 app?

The name is confusing as BM 2 is the name of the little units that fix directly on to the leisure and starter batteries. It was also the name of the app to monitor them, but individually. The BM 3 app can recognise and monitor up to four of those little units. The Dellmasive post…. Good news and bad news … .introduced me to it and it simplified everything. Sometimes it can be a bit slow to pick up the individual signals but, if you’re off grid, like I am most of the time it’s easy to check the soc of the batteries with one glance. When I needed it for the new phone I had no response for BM3 searches in Play Store but eventually found it under the name Multi-battery monitor 3 but from a different distributor…but can’t get it to get a bluetooth lock on both batteries.

I'm aware, but BM2 is also the name of the individual battery monitor app, if it works with that it might help you trace where the issue is.

I'm aware, but BM2 is also the name of the individual battery monitor app, if it works with that it might help you trace where the issue is.

I had to abandon my efforts yesterday as the temperature in the van got to ridiculous. On Sunday we’re going to the Goodwood revival, so today I’m busy trying to sort out and alter a zoot suit and fedora. (ridiculous thing to wear in this heat) Next week though, I’ll be right back there trying to sort out the communication problems. If I’m successful, I’ll try and explain the solution.

Reactions: CAB
Make sure the bm2 unit isn't connecting to another device.

It's it is. It won't be available to the new phone.

You can disconnect the power to the start the connection.

I had to abandon my efforts yesterday as the temperature in the van got to ridiculous. On Sunday we’re going to the Goodwood revival, so today I’m busy trying to sort out and alter a zoot suit and fedora. (ridiculous thing to wear in this heat) Next week though, I’ll be right back there trying to sort out the communication problems. If I’m successful, I’ll try and explain the solution.
It's a "Tando"... the hat to wear with a Zoot suit if you want to look like Cab Callaway, the blue tooth on the other hand is beyond me.:thumbsup:

Back