Barn-doors rusting at the bottom

Jimbo01785

Hi guys,

how can I stop the bottom of my barn doors from rusting? I have had both doors lifted slightly at the hinges, but rain water still collects below and causing them to rust???

thanks in advance

Jim

Reactions: RF1
Is that a mistake? £180 for 2 strips o_Oo_O

Think someone has got digit happy - look at purchase history - usual selling price is £5.95 or around that - perhaps message seller - they probably wonder why they've not sold any recently!

Mine catches very slightly on my rear bumper protector so was wondering the same but anything i add on would make it catch more no doubt

Wondering if I can rekindle this discussion for further advice …..

I have the same issue with the bottom of my barn doors and believe it is due to the water pooling where it gathers between the door and plastic protector strip. I asked the converter to remove this strip when I purchased the van, but they said it would cause too much damage etc.

interested to see if anybody has drilled some run off holes? Does the standard bumper contain any holes for water to drain? (I’m unable to tell due to the protector strip!)

Did we get pics of this?

I've always had barn door vans with rear bumper protector strips........ And never had issues with rusting.?

Did we get pics of this?

I've always had barn door vans with rear bumper protector strips........ And never had issues with rusting.?
3B2F32D0-F99D-4F1D-BCC6-AFBA9268024A.png
Best I can get from my photo library for now. You can see a constant bead of water sitting at the bottom on the right side. Living in Scotland doesn’t help because it’s always raining!

The van was used when I got it and appears to have been some paintwork done to the back door which won’t have helped things.

Right one looks like had some sort of filler before paint doesn’t look right to me

So do we think the paint and galvanizeation has been rubbed off on the bottom of the door?

Can you get a pic of the underneath of the door leaf?

Not sure if it’s angle of pic but it’s like the doors had a prang at some point and it’s out of shape which is causing it to rub on protector! It’s like the bottom of door as been stretched as down the shut line the crease ain’t the same as left door

AB1471C9-C1C4-4144-8BDC-DBD25F75BE61.jpeg

It could be rusting from the inside where water (condensation) has collected in the fold.
I removed the small rubber plugs on my tailgate to eliminate this.

Reactions: CJW
Back