Barn door alignment

Hi, I’ve recently picked up a T6 Transporter that has been converted to a camper. The back doors are slightly out of line (see pic). Has anyone got any advice on the best way to line them back up? Is this a driveway fix or best book it into a garage? Also, the rear bumper has been taken off at some point to fit the tow bar more than likely and there appears to be no clips at the top, hence the sag I think in the picture. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix and the best method to remove the bumper. Thanks in advance for any advice!

IMG_7024.jpeg

IMG_7025.jpeg

IMG_7026.jpeg

Should be a 10 min job. Remove the rubber grommets slacken the nuts and put to the original marks. I tend to find it easier if you leave 1 nipped up and move the opposite end to place then vice versa.

Annoyingly mine are out as well, bugging me for months.

Do you loosen the hinge inside the door or the one fixed to the body? Is there a VW workshop manual someone has an extract of?

Thanks

IMG_3228.png

It's a job on my list. I need to do mine too.
From what i read before I think you shouldn't need to move the hinges on the van, it's move moving the door on the hinge. I had a look and there are rubber grommets on the door that hide the fixings......just be careful, support the door and undo enough to move the door before nipping up. Repeat until you are happy.......might go and have a go on mine if it doesn't rain

It's a job on my list. I need to do mine too.
From what i read before I think you shouldn't need to move the hinges on the van, it's move moving the door on the hinge. I had a look and there are rubber grommets on the door that hide the fixings......just be careful, support the door and undo enough to move the door before nipping up. Repeat until you are happy.......might go and have a go on mine if it doesn't rain

Next question, which is correct.. top of the door flush with roof or set below. My left or right door?

I stand corrected. I have just been sorting my doors and had to do a bit of adjusting to the hinges on the van as well as the door end as said previously.
Obviously every door will be different. Start with the door end and if needed tweek the fixing on the van (pencil around the hinges before undoing them so you have a reference point to how it was) Patience is needed, just a case of taking your time and move a little bit at a time to work out what's best. It's doable on your own but would be much easier with another pair of hands to hold/ move the door while you loosen and tighten fixings etc.
I moved the catches at the top and that made a huge difference to how they shut. Sounds like a golf and nice and tight
Definitely a gnats cock lower as said above

Managed to look at mine today..

Only problem now, glass isn't aligned.. was fitted when doors were mis-aligned.

70167AB0-5F61-4C47-A15A-B889A4474373.jpeg

Back