Avoid F1 Autocenter in Portsmouth

I kid you not… I was standing next in line at the local co-op. A young looking and obviously new girl there was holding aloft a full sized large orange towards the woman on the next till and asked “ is this an orange?” Now this was in no way a tangerine or Satsuma. It couldn’t of looked more like an orange!

It really didn’t help that I’d had a smoke. You’re standing there and thinking did I just really hear that?! o_O

We were in a Harvester type pub for something to eat. I asked for a steak, medium rare. The waitress checked her list and said, "sorry, but we only have medium or well done."

I was in the Buxton Brewery Tap and spotted a cheeky 9% IPA which specifically on the blackboard stated that you couldn’t purchase more than 1/3 of a pint.
So I asked the young barmaid for a third of a pint, to which she replied “I’m sorry, but because it’s so strong I can’t sell you a third, I can only sell you a half’

I was in the Buxton Brewery Tap and spotted a cheeky 9% IPA which specifically on the blackboard stated that you couldn’t purchase more than 1/3 of a pint.
So I asked the young barmaid for a third of a pint, to which she replied “I’m sorry, but because it’s so strong I can’t sell you a third, I can only sell you a half’
There’s a very handy campsite a 5 minute walk from the Buxton Brewery. Axe Edge is one of my current favourites. I’ve got 6 cans of Coward in the cellar for a special occasion tomorrow night.

Reactions: CAB
There’s a very handy campsite a 5 minute walk from the Buxton Brewery. Axe Edge is one of my current favourites. I’ve got 6 cans of Coward in the cellar for a special occasion tomorrow night.
There is. We planned a get together for Buxton mid November and found that that site shuts first weekend in November-gutted. Stayed at Holmfirth-3 miles from home lol.
Never been to the brewery-the tap room is in the centre near the Opera house.

We were in a Harvester type pub for something to eat. I asked for a steak, medium rare. The waitress checked her list and said, "sorry, but we only have medium or well done."
I’ve been refused rare steaks in restaurants on apparent health grounds, apparently establishments are worried about poor reviews from customers who end up ill from them.

There is. We planned a get together for Buxton mid November and found that that site shuts first weekend in November-gutted. Stayed at Holmfirth-3 miles from home lol.
Never been to the brewery-the tap room is in the centre near the Opera house.
Ahh! When you said “Brewery Tap” I thought you meant the one at the brewery. I can highly recommend it. We’re not far from you, Barnsley. We’ll have to arrange a T6 camp at the campsite & acquaint ourselves with the Brewery Tap.

I’ve been refused rare steaks in restaurants on apparent health grounds, apparently establishments are worried about poor reviews from customers who end up ill from them.
Numpties - that should only apply to burgers where the meat has been minced. Bacteria is on the outside which gets killed off when cooking the steak, whereas it can be mixed into the middle when minced and therefore not killed off

Don’t ask for it rare. Just tell them to cut its horns off & wipe its 4rse. Gets em every time…

Sounds like Mother In Laws Beef yesterday. A good vet would have got it back on it's feet. At least it wasn't bordering on charcoal like my Mum likes to do it.

Ahh! When you said “Brewery Tap” I thought you meant the one at the brewery. I can highly recommend it. We’re not far from you, Barnsley. We’ll have to arrange a T6 camp at the campsite & acquaint ourselves with the Brewery Tap.
That sounds like a plan. A very good plan in fact.

Sounds like Mother In Laws Beef yesterday. A good vet would have got it back on it's feet. At least it wasn't bordering on charcoal like my Mum likes to do it.
My mother manages to make beef chewing gum out of a decent joint. :rolleyes:

Back