Goodyear Eagle F1 worn in 7000 miles

Scuttle

I’ve just had a set of eagle f1 a and I’m through them at 7k miles, that normal?

Any other tyres recommendations?
265/40/20

How have the worn? What pressure were you running? What suspension?

We get easily 12-15 k normal driving on the fronts.

Ahh was hoping you’d reply

So 40psi all round b14 bilsteins

Back has worn evenly with a little more on outer than mid/inner, front has a little meat left but not much and would be due soon, backs are due after 7k

Mines the same a little worn on the rear outer. Had it all aligned when I got the new wheels on so I know it's not out and running 39psi. But the rears are waring more than the fronts not by much but still noticeable. Just thought was it's because it's a 4motion caravelle, but saw you have the same thing.

That's pretty poor. I've always ran Accelera (255/40 20, 42psi front, 40 rear) and on my lowered Shuttle (50mm drop) I'd get 25k+ out of a set and on my current Caravelle (70mm drop) I'm 6k mikes into them and have probably knocked off 2mm tops so should make 25k again.

Outer edge wearing normally indicates tyre pressure too low. What are you usually carrying in the van?

I'm getting 15k easily from a set of Goodyears until I swapped to swampers :)

Sounds like you need to check the tracking.

I chewed through a set really quickly [under 10K] - was only picked up when I was getting the suspension upgraded from Eibach lowering springs only to B14 Komfort. All the wear was on the inside so not easily spotted. I replaced the tyres with the same ones but got the tracking done at the same time - I'm well past 12K on them and they still look great - I'm guessing but would imagine I'll get another 5k out of them. As @Littleblackflash suggested I'd check your tracking

Back has worn evenly with a little more on outer than mid/inner, front has a little meat left but not much and would be due soon, backs are due after 7k

I have these tyres and I run them on 36psi all round. This was the recommended pressure from Bognor motors. I have STX-A suspension on the lowest setting. Have got approx 15k out of mine. They’re getting low now so will need a new set but the end of the summer. They have all worn evenly.

I can get the Goodyear tyres for £189 and some accelera tyres for £108, tempted by the cheaper ones if my wear was 7k !!

Just never used accelera, looks like the have a decent rep ?

I would drop your pressures down to 36, which is what we recommend for normal use, and get a proper alignment done on Hunter with the correct settings to make sure you are properly aligned.

I currently run Accelera PH2 255/40 20 and have previously ran the ST68 in 275/40/20 and 255/45 18. Wear is very good, they have a reasonable rim protector on the sidewall, pretty quiet and OK grip. They get poor reviews in the wet but I've not had any issue. I do run Nokian winters Nov-March though.

1681741630331.png

I've run Acceleras for a while on both My T6 and a previous Q7. Good tyres, quiet, last a good while (20k) and grip is no different to Falkens & Uniroyals i've had also
I've 265/40/20 on front and 275/40/20 on rear (staggered wheels)

2021 4 motion with 8500 miles with 1/2 worn tyres.
275 40 20 40mm lowered B14 Komfort.
I know that most companies recommend 265 40 but the extra width works well with local county pot holes and curbing issues so I’m happy with the 275s

I’ve now gone for Nankang AS1’s (mainly due to the cost of the Goodyears!!). So far so good, nice quiet tyres, grip seem good. Running these in 38psi? My tyre place recommend 40mins but the ride seemed a bit harsh.

Back