Auxiliary water pump

Samfisher

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi
My battery goes dead after a couple of days even if I use it daily. Now the electric water pump stays on even after it is left for a few hours. I have unplugged the pump and there is still something else making a noise, it sounds like a smaller pump.
If I disconnect the battery then re connect it stops then open a door and it starts???
At the moment I just leave it for 10 minutes after I turn it off then disconnect the battery but it’s a pain
Anyone got any ideas??
thanks

got some pics of the pump you unplugged?

then van should sleep after 15mins or so . . . . are you saying the pump runs even the next morning?

have you done a scan for fault codes?

got some pics of the pump you unplugged?

then van should sleep after 15mins or so . . . . are you saying the pump runs even the next morning?

have you done a scan for fault codes?
I will get a picture but it is the auxiliary water pump, no fault codes and yes it is still running the next morning, and thanks for the reply !!

You don’t mention which engine model you have, if it’s a CXEB (204PS) you will have two electric pumps; one for the charge air cooler and one for the EGR cooler.

51B2719A-350F-4AE9-826C-93D17D142545.jpeg

As @DXX says,

It's would help with the van spec...

Year,make, model etc.

You don’t mention which engine model you have, if it’s a CXEB (204PS) you will have two electric pumps; one for the charge air cooler and one for the EGR cooler.

View attachment 185645
Indeed.

Two electric pumps.

Plus the mechanical pump driven with the timing belt with the diverter valve.

A pump running untill the following day is not good.

And no fault codes....?

I'd say try a full reset...... But the OP said battery been disconnected over night?.

It seems to be that it latches, once it receives a signal it stays on, if disconnected then re connects without any signal then it stays off ???

Have you checked the ignition ”key in” switch is operating properly?
Everything else goes off when the key is pulled out, the picture of the van goes out after a while it seems to be the pump is the only thing going. Now if the thermal management picture location of parts is correct in location of parts then pump no 15 is the one I unplugged

I’m no expert on the intricacies of a T6 engine control system but I’ve found this in the vaults, maybe it can help.
I would think it’s either caused by a defective temperature sensor, defective relay or damaged wiring harness.

C237D0DC-7519-4AB0-AE9F-297A1332BDA5.jpeg

2028EC6C-9E14-47BE-B904-BD63F28AD6FE.jpeg

Hi guys
i still can’t get anywhere with this problem!!
I thought that the pump came on at 70 % when the ignition was turned on and then increased if needed. If I disconnect my battery then re connect without touching anything then the pump stays off, As soon as I open a door or close the bonnet the pump comes on and stays on until the battery dies. I have changed the relay which is supposed to be for the pump but I don’t think it is as the pump still stays on when the relay was out.
this is the pump in question
AAB77A8D-0A11-4245-BF20-133FB6F26D70.jpeg

Hi guys
i still can’t get anywhere with this problem!!
I thought that the pump came on at 70 % when the ignition was turned on and then increased if needed. If I disconnect my battery then re connect without touching anything then the pump stays off, As soon as I open a door or close the bonnet the pump comes on and stays on until the battery dies. I have changed the relay which is supposed to be for the pump but I don’t think it is as the pump still stays on when the relay was out.
this is the pump in question
View attachment 188978
There is another pump that also stays on

87364BE9-981A-4043-8F00-A7A34AD86B7E.jpeg

This will get you full access to manuals, wiring diagrams, etc.
As you pointed out it can’t be the relay for the pump if it ran with the relay removed.

Did you get anywhere with this? My pump seems to fire up when I unlock the doors or lock them from time to time? I’m also getting active faults with no EML for blocked EGR which is supposedly linked to this pump also.

Back