Sink water pump

Vinnie123

I've had my T6 for 2.5 years and the water pump for the sink hasn't worked for 95% of that time so desperately hoping for some help. Setup is as shown - it has worked very occasionally (although more like a dribble of water and always temperamental). More recently it stopped working completely and I can't hear the pump working. Nothing else looks wrong so I wonder if its the pump itself which is broken. For reference, the green piping is aquarium piping diameter 9/12mm - not sure why they chose to use that or if it's even suitable!

Whale Pumps look to sell a standard 12V submersible pump as a direct replacement for the pump but it looks like it would requires soldering to attach the cigarette lighter-type thing (which I can't do myself and can't find anyone who will). Whale RV - Products.

They also sell a Portable Pump Kit (Whale RV - Products) which also looks somewhat suitable but the cigarette lighter attachment doesn't look the same as the existing one so not convinced it will fit, and it also isn't clear what the hose diameter is, as it would need to fit the fixing on the van.

I tried contacting Whale Pumps who were no help at all. Does anyone have anyone have experience with this sort of setup or suggestions for a setup that would work? Obviously easier if I can get this setup working but also open to other ideas given the nightmare it's been using this one! Many thanks!

20221017_152007.jpg

20221017_154234.jpg

20221017_154217.jpg

20221017_152057.jpg

20221017_152018.jpg

That’s a standard whale pump. I got one on eBay recently to replace ours.
It’s a trivial job to replace if you can solder :)

Pete

Back