Autowatch Ghost immobiliser - T6 Issue

Just been reading about all the fault people have had with ghost on the forum (ghost issues ) and this put me off when I was going to order it tomorrow. I have a peddle lock and happy with it but when popping in to the super market it's not practical.

Thank you for that I'll have a look at scorpionx
I'm only aware of issues on some 6.1 vans. What van do you have?

2016 t6 dsg, I'm looking at a secret break light switch to get me by untill I make my mind up about immobilizers
Can't see any reason not to have a Ghost fitted then. Loads of us on here have been using them for years without any issues.

Reactions: ZEB
I had similar concerns when looking at options, but believe these have now been addressed by Ghost on the 6.1

However, the main reason I didn’t go for Ghost in the end was that it wasn’t insurance approved and many insurers wanted a tracker fitted. So I went for a MetaTrak S5. Immobiliser and tracker all in one and very happy with it.

Ghost is by far the best Immobiliser you will get that said unfortunately Thatcham do not currently have a scope for CANbus immobilisation. They are TASSA Approved and some insurance companies do recognise them.

If it's insurance approval you want the the Metatrak S5 Deadlock is what you want tracking and Immobiliser all in one. You can also get an additional unit the goes with the Metatrak and can tell you when the alarm is going off even the factory alarm.

Downside is you have a fob on your keys to tell the Immobiliser it's you or you can deadlock it using the app on your phone so both systems have pros and cons.

The ghost is fine on a T6 and with exception to a handful of T6.1s they also don't have issues. The handful that have had issues Autowatch are working on currently to rectify and will be sorted within the next week or so.

If a T6 is having issues it's either user error or its not been installed correctly.

Hope this helps. Anything else feel free to contact me.

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
Thanks for the information I'm well impressed with the comments and think I'm going to ring the ghost 2 installers and have a chat with them .

Thanks for the information I'm well impressed with the comments and think I'm going to ring the ghost 2 installers and have a chat with them .
Not sure who's in your area I'm about an hour away buddy

Still trying to get works permission to have someone on site it's going to be next week now cheers all the same
did you get ghost fitted in the end ? Considering it on my new t6.1 but worried about the stories of the t6.1 electrics being impacted. Anyone had it on a t6.1 and worked ok?

did you get ghost fitted in the end ? Considering it on my new t6.1 but worried about the stories of the t6.1 electrics being impacted. Anyone had it on a t6.1 and worked ok?
My understanding is that was history and the T6.1 ghost is fine now.

Yes got it fitted works fine but twice I have forgotten it's on and jumped in tryed starting it the van start's then stops itself then I've forgotten the process for starting it again had to use emergency code but sorted it after about 45 minutes

I've fitted a few now no issues the earlier firmware had issues but the latest stuff is ok

I've had Ghost II for just over a year in my March 2020 T6.1 Highline 150 Manual without any problems.

It's worth finding a recommended installer who knows what they're doing specifically for T6.1, I say this because I went with a Ghost 'Approved' fitter who completely botched the job. The next fitter I found was top notch. Full story here if you want it;

Last edited:
Had mine for 6 years, at the time the software coding wouldn't work so a different version was loaded on. Not had issues at all. Ghost never sent the installation certificate either.

Well I just read a few horror stories about this and a 6.1, mines a 21 plate lwb dsg 4motion and highly customised, the Ghost was recommended by my convertor for my spec, in a word its brill, now I've got used to the button press, it's peace of mind, I sleep soundly at night, lol. I've ghosted myself in the early days and so far no problems. I've been around the uk and it's nearly a year old now. All good

James, did you get the ScorpionX installed? How do you find it?

I have T6 startline, so no cruise control, wondering if that makes any difference (I.e. limited switches for PIN sequence).

I had the scorpion fitted on my 2022 build year 6.1, it has been faultless so far and is slightly different to the ghost in that it only re arms when you open the drivers door. it seems very smooth in use.

If you forgot the code, which has only happened once or twice. you simply do ignition off and on again.
Surely bypassing code by switching ignition on/off is a security flaw! Do you mean if you enter code incorrectly? I was going to go with the ScorpionX, but this is making me think again!

Back