Auto Folding Wing Mirrors

To get power fold mirrors with fold on remote lock on T6 there are generally speaking two ways.

OPTION 1 (OEM)
Parts required:
- 2 off power folding mirrors (7E2857508DG & 7E2857507DB)
- 2 off door control modules (7E0959801L & 7E0959802L)
- 5 off pre crimped wire 000979009E
- 1 off 7E1959565K mirror switch with folding
Wiring:
Driver door(2 wires from folding motor to door control unit pins 14 & 15 and 1 wire from folding switch pin 8 to door control unit pin 12)
Passenger door(2 wires from folding motor to door control unit pins 14 & 15)
VCDS Coding:
How to Program folding mirrors - Pictogram
Cost:
Approximately £600
Functionality:
Mirrors fold when folding switch is in fold position and ignition is ON.
After VCDS coding mirrors fold on remote lock but long press is required.
Unfold when ignition in switched ON.

OPTION 2 (aftermarket)
Parts required:
- 2 off power folding mirrors (7E2857508DG & 7E2857507DB)
or
- 2 off power folding motors only
- 1 off mirror folding control module(made in China, £5 on Ebay)
- 1 off pre crimped wire 000979009E to get signal form door mirror folding switch
- 1 off 7E1959565K mirror switch with folding
Wiring:
View attachment 30308

VCDS Coding:

None.
Cost:
Approximately £250 - £300
Functionality:
Mirrors fold when folding switch is in fold position and ignition is ON.
Mirrors fold on remote lock.
Mirrors unfold when unlocked or when ignition is switched ON(can be chosen by connecting or not unlocking signal).

Obviously I picked option 2 and used folding motors kit with LED blinkers.
Best functionality and best value for money.;)

Reactions: mmi
Hello!
Thanks a lot for all the info!
Just want to ask a bit more about these motors: as I know ‘L’s are not available/produced anymore and checked the ‘Q” which otherwise has just the right connector pins (additional 8, 14 and 15).
I don’t want the remote mirror close, already would be happy with the close from the door knob/button.
How do you Gentlemen suggest to resolve this issue?
Thanks again!
Robert

Hello!
Thanks a lot for all the info!
Just want to ask a bit more about these motors: as I know ‘L’s are not available/produced anymore and checked the ‘Q” which otherwise has just the right connector pins (additional 8, 14 and 15).
I don’t want the remote mirror close, already would be happy with the close from the door knob/button.
How do you Gentlemen suggest to resolve this issue?
Thanks again!
Robert
Have you got electric folding mirrors at the moment.?

Hello and good morning!
Yes, I have the folding mirrors and the mirror adjusting switch with folding function.
Also the additional cabling from mirror switch to motor (pin 8 to 12) and from the mirror to motor (pins 14 and 15).
My vehicle is a 140PS 2016 T6 (so to speak) basic boxed (kastenwagen).
Greatly appreciate your help!

Guys I've read to page 7 and get the gist of earlier L modules working, Q modules not working. I guess still no remedy? I have a 2018 T6 with factory folding mirrors, would be good if they worked from key/ ignition. I suppose I will have the Q module though?

A 2018 should already work of the fob, have you tried holding the button in for a few seconds ?

Guys I've read to page 7 and get the gist of earlier L modules working, Q modules not working. I guess still no remedy? I have a 2018 T6 with factory folding mirrors, would be good if they worked from key/ ignition. I suppose I will have the Q module though?

Do you have a MY17 or MY18 model as paul says, works on 18 by 17 needs a aftermaket box installed.

Apologies for commenting on an old post but I just wanted to say a quick thanks for coding details for this mod. Done it this morning with a friends VCDS and it worked a treat. Wouldn’t have had a clue without the run through tho.
I’m now a happy mirror folder

Hi everyone, I have a 18plate t6 didn't comes with folding mirrors. Am going to buy the vw genuine folding mirrors kit. Is this a plug and play kit? Meaning inside the door card. I know that it will need coding when mirrors installed. I have P modules

20191013_072250.jpg

As well as changing the mirror switch and window motors you will need to complete the wiring as well. It's pretty easy if this is your sort of thing. Costly job though even if you do it all yourself (especially with genuine parts).

As well as changing the mirror switch and window motors you will need to complete the wiring as well. It's pretty easy if this is your sort of thing. Costly job though even if you do it all yourself (especially with genuine parts).
Many thanks. Have you fitted any before?

Many thanks. Have you fitted any before?

Yes, I've just finished the motor swap, wiring and programming on mine. Got a drivers mirror body for a stupidly cheap price brand new, so now need to brace myself for the passenger side purchase :eek:

£233 retail for the mirror body without cap and glass. Hoping my TPS discount makes it sensible!!

Yes, I've just finished the motor swap, wiring and programming on mine. Got a drivers mirror body for a stupidly cheap price brand new, so now need to brace myself for the passenger side purchase :eek:

£233 retail for the mirror body without cap and glass. Hoping my TPS discount makes it sensible!!
Wow lovely hope you get the other side soon

Wow thats lovely hope you get the other side soon. Am getting mine from a company called vagtec somewhere in Kent. They doing the kit for £750 all genuine parts

Wow lovely hope you get the other side soon

Wow thats lovely hope you get the other side soon. Am getting mine from a company called vagtec somewhere in Kent. They doing the kit for £750 all genuine parts

Not a bad price really, presume the windows motors will be used as they're not cheap new either. I enjoyed doing the wiring and stuff to be honest, but then I weird like that :D

Back