Auto DAB / FM Switching

Martin Stockwell

VIP Member
T6 Pro
This worked fantastic on my Merc, and when I saw the option on the T6 I was thrilled, I prefure to listetern to everything in DAB where possible, mainly BBC Essex. however, in the odd place where the is no DAB signal but a perfectly strong FM signal isn't the radio suppose to switch from DAB to FM as per the option in advanced settings? as it doesn't work!!!!!!

how annoying, anyone else got the same problem.

I have the Discover media (2 sd card slots, and sat nav) version, if you have the same unit and don't have a problem I would love to know what firmware version you have so I can compare.

20180906_073254.jpg

Not noticed the unit auto switching from DAB to FM in poor areas . . . . . didnt know that was an option?

anyway here is our screen shot.

20181003_162232.jpg

and . . . . .

20181003_162426.jpg

you have a much newer software version, and your advanced settings screen is a lot different, well, missing what mines got - have you got DAB?

20181003_163232.jpg

I checked my settings again. It looks like you get different advanced setting screens depending if you currently set to FM or DAB. If you switch to DAB and check again you should then see the screen I have, and the setting for DAB-FM switching, which by default was off on mine....

You got a light out there Lee ?
Left of the three buttons on the AC panel ?

You got a light out there Lee ?
Left of the three buttons on the AC panel ?

Hmm... not sure Paul...

Should that be lit up?

It's the passenger airbag disabled light.

Didn't think it lit up because it wasn't a button......

Is yours lit up?

No to the left of the illuminated AC button, think it’s the rear window demister

Then remembered you have a panel van so won’t have one, guessing that’s a blank

Ok, a bit more with this one.....

seems my radio is auto switching from DAB to FM, just didn't notice it before.....

SO ............... when connected to DAB station, i get the radio name with nothing after it . . . . . .

navi list...jpg

When the DAB signal drops out i get very poor audio for a moment . . . . then no sound at all, i get the antenna sign with a line through it. like below.

navi fm lost dab.jpg

Then after about a minute i got this . . . . . . . .

The same DAB station name . . . . . . and still in DAB mode, but i get a FM logo after the station name . . . . (obviously connected to the FM freq` )

navi radion rm lock.jpg

So looks like it does do it . . . . .

But i think it depends IF the radio can tune into the same radio station on the FM range in your local area. . . . in the above example i could just about get the FM version of the Kent station in London....

But im assuming that if you loose DAB signal of a radio station from a different part of the country that is NOT ON THE LOCAL FM RANGE the the radio will not be able to tune into it.

so maybe thats whats happening with you?

So if im in London listening to a Manchester DAB station then I've go no chance of picking it up on FM . . . . . . i you get me.

Mine doesn't do any of that. I'll be in Essex listening to BBC Essex on DAB, it losses signal and doesn't do anything until the DAB comes back, I can however manually flip from dab to fm and get fm station perfectly when no DAB.

Be interesting to see if the firmware upgrade on Monday fixes it.

My Merc switched instantly from dab to fm and back again, it shouldn't take longer then 5-10 secs not a minute anyway, and my Merc was crap in comparison to the t6.

Ok. Well in the meantime try a hard reset.

When the radios on...... press and HOLD the power button untill it reboots.......about 30-60sec.

Well, they have upgraded the firmware to 0468 which is apprently the latest version.

I'll drive it around for a couple of days at see what happens when I loose DAB. Interestingly enough on the way home back from VW, I went through somewhere I normally loose DAB for a bit and this time the signal didn't drop.... mmmm

Well, they have upgraded the firmware to 0468 which is apprently the latest version.

I'll drive it around for a couple of days at see what happens when I loose DAB. Interestingly enough on the way home back from VW, I went through somewhere I normally loose DAB for a bit and this time the signal didn't drop.... mmmm

SW0468 - same version as mine then . . . . . .

keep us posted.

Noticed this switched on mine the other day, was listening to DAB as I drove into and parked in valley with no signal and when I got back in to drive away the radio flicked to FM, not technically auto switching as the van went off when parked but seems there is some functionality there

Back