Are rear speakers worth it?

snoop6060

T6 Pro
Do rear speakers add anything to the sound in the front? I have rainbow 8.2s and a 10inch sub up front. Whole van is sound deadened and the sound in the front is good (after quite considerable messing about!). All sounds pretty good but I still think my old car was better. I laid the speaker cables when doin the electrics so wondering if I should find a place for 2 6 inch speakers? And if so what spec?

Do rear speakers add anything to the sound in the front? I have rainbow 8.2s and a 10inch sub up front. Whole van is sound deadened and the sound in the front is good (after quite considerable messing about!). All sounds pretty good but I still think my old car was better. I laid the speaker cables when doin the electrics so wondering if I should find a place for 2 6 inch speakers? And if so what spec?

I've got 6x9 kenwood 5-ways in the rear of mine in boxes under the bench seat. these are current connected to a hertz amp along with a JL audio 10inch sub under the passenger seat. to me it sounds much better and car like

Personally I think so. I have speakers in the rear of my T6 and have the sound slightly biased toward the rear. I guess it's a very subjective thing though.

I think your fronts are the main weapon but the rears do help sound staging. Iv upgraded everything but left the rears factory fit for the purpose only.

Cool. Gonna fit some then. The cable is already in and there are quite a few options that are not too spendy. Those 5 way 6x9 kenwood ones lool decent.

Cool. Gonna fit some then. The cable is already in and there are quite a few options that are not too spendy. Those 5 way 6x9 kenwood ones lool decent.

There not to bad to be honest especially wired to the amp.

Screenshot_20180219-162120.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep about the right price to pay. The Base won't matter but the mid top end will give the staging your after. If the cables are their might as well use them :thumbsup:

Back