Are folding mirrors worth the 795+vat dealer cost?

In some ways it's good that we have the option of folding or not on locking with the long press, unlike some vehicles. I never fold mine on the drive at night as dew sits on the glass and needs the mirror heaters on to shift it. That can delay moving off by a minute or so unless I wipe them with a cloth.

Retro fit ones from Travelin lite fold/ unfold from the remote as you lock/ unlock. Also have the option to fold/ unfold from the button inside the vehicle.

One of the first items I specified when ordering mine. Working in Oxford some rds are pretty tight for parking. I might fold them in 1/2 dozen times a day. It saves a lot off faff when working.
As mentioned above also when folded in its peace of mind knowing it's locked, or should be at least;)

Get folding. I didn’t have them on my old one, took a wing mirror off down a country road and it was expensive.
Just take my attitude.. it’s eye watering expensive to own one of these vans anyway so why not chuck the mirrors in as well.. :whistle:

I got them on my t6 but they don’t fold when locked :( do I need to program them to do that it’s a 2017
I have them on my 2017 highline and they fold if you just hold down the lock button on fob for about 2 seconds. And if any windows are open, they close too.

Retro fit ones from Travelin lite fold/ unfold from the remote as you lock/ unlock. Also have the option to fold/ unfold from the button inside the vehicle.
Do you think you can do this because maybe the travelin lite kit isn’t 100% genuine retrofit or because the MY of your van? Definitely better to get them to open on unlock than ignition

Do you think you can do this because maybe the travelin lite kit isn’t 100% genuine retrofit or because the MY of your van? Definitely better to get them to open on unlock than ignition

If I remember correctly the signal wire for moving the mirrors taps into the lock/ unlock signal wire on the inside of the drivers door. So would say it is design of their little electonics box rather than the MY of the van.

If I remember correctly the signal wire for moving the mirrors taps into the lock/ unlock signal wire on the inside of the drivers door. So would say it is design of their little electonics box rather than the MY of the van.
Perfect, cheers. Upgrade on standard OEM then! :thumbsup: (And cheaper too)

I prefer them to unfold with the ignition. Why would you want them to unfold when you are just unlocking to get something out?

If Travellinlite are using the same generic Chinese mirror module as I have (which was £11 off eBay) you can select whether to unfold on ignition or unlock. I’m like you, prefer them to unfold on ignition so that’s what I chose.

Mine do not autofold, I have to do it on the rhs door thing. Theres nothing in Carista for auto fold.

Back