Upgrades: Possible and approximate costs

RT76

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

My van is in with the dealer for MOT and servicing today, so I have one of their vans in the meantime, a brand new 6.1.

I’m amazed at the spec of things that it has that my Caravelle doesn’t, so am now considering the following upgrades.

Folding mirrors
OEM LEDs
ACC

I’m assuming the first two are possible, has anyone had them done recently for a reasonable price?

The ACC is possibly a bigger ask, as I don’t have a radar unit on my van. Can it still be done?

Am I just better off trading up?

Hi all,

My van is in with the dealer for MOT and servicing today, so I have one of their vans in the meantime, a brand new 6.1.

I’m amazed at the spec of things that it has that my Caravelle doesn’t, so am now considering the following upgrades.

Folding mirrors
OEM LEDs
ACC

I’m assuming the first two are possible, has anyone had them done recently for a reasonable price?

The ACC is possibly a bigger ask, as I don’t have a radar unit on my van. Can it still be done?

Folding mirrors aren't a big deal but they're not cheap as far as I know.

OEM LED's. You're looking at several thousand. Not an easy job.

ACC with the radar is a few hundred quid, retrofitting the radar would be a significant amount more.

Hi all,

Folding mirrors
OEM LEDs
ACC

For costs, try these:

Speak with Maciej at mpvag.com for those upgrades. I know he offers them and I highly recommend his services.

And why do you think the dealer gave you a nice shiny hi-spec 6.1 as a courtesy car, out of the goodness of his heart?? :whistle:
To be fair, it’s a pretty basic spec panel van. Driving it last night certainly convinced me on the LEDs, the others are just nice to have, although they seem to be base spec now.

Evolution I guess.

Factory LED's were a must have when I was shopping for a T6 Caravelle. My previous car had Bi-Xenon headlights which were also very good, there was no way I was going back to candles!!

That’s exactly how I feel. Mine has H7’s and I’ve not long upgraded them, but they’re still sh*te….

Back