Are folding mirrors worth the 795+vat dealer cost?

huw169

Black 199 Shuttle
VIP Member
T6 Guru
They don’t look like they fold in that much to me. More of a swivel up.
Do those of you that have them rate them?
And do those that don’t have them want them?
Thanks

I’ve got them, and often fold them up when travelling down local narrow roads ... and nearly always when parked on roads ...

how much is a new VW door mirror?

Travelin lite also sell them for £649 if you can fit them yourself.

I think they look great, I wish I had them but i bought a used Kombi highline that didn't have them.
I really want power fold mirrors.
The trouble is, I just can't quite convince myself that it's a grand (give or take) well spent!!! :confused:

Edit - £649 is a lot easier to swallow.

Shame my T6 didn’t, I do like them (used to tell the kids to check the ears are in so they know it’s locked) but as has been already difficult to justify.

With only about 6" either side in the garage door opening it would be such a pain to pull the mirrors in every time - I remember only too well the palaver on my non-electric mirrored T4 going back a few years!

I’ve got them, and often fold them up when travelling down local narrow roads ... and nearly always when parked on roads ...

how much is a new VW door mirror?
Murdoch, do yours automatically fold in when locking the doors on the fob? Wish mine did :(

I’ve got them, and I do like them, but I certainly don’t think they’re worth that sort of money. More of a gimmick than anything.

I’m looking into having them fitted as if nothing else I like seeing them folded to know it’s locked ;)

Especially because this isn’t the case! They don’t auto fold when you lock it (as mentioned above you have to press twice and hold) and they dont auto unfold when you unlock it! They don’t actually unfold until you put the ignition in position 2 (or even till you crank the engine, can’t remember which)

Yeah, I do remember reading that. So the ears in only indicates that it has been locked :(

Although the video in the link I posted above for retrofit does show them opening from the remote. Maybe this is on a long press too, I guess the windows would open then also

OEM VW new power folding mirrors fitted, wired and coded as per factory standard mirrors. When fitted and coded, mirrors will fold on remote , via driver door switch and unfold with ignition on

This is what it says on the ad, so it says unfolds on ignition on but shows in the video it doing it from remote!

They may not fold that much, but it makes the difference between being able to fit the van in my garage or not being able to fit it in, so it was a no brainier for W.

I got them on my t6 but they don’t fold when locked :( do I need to program them to do that it’s a 2017

I speckled them on my van this time as it was something I always wanted on my T5.1 work van I don't regret it even if it is a lot of brass ,another good thing to speck is power latching rear and side door ,makes closing easier and quieter and its reasonably cheap if I remember

Back