Are All Aftermarket Windows The Same

Carbon13

T6 Pro
Other than original VW windows are windows from Kiravans, Transporter Hq all the same aftermarket product or do they differ in quality, materials and specifications.

Good question...
I understand all the glass is imported from China and the quality varies. I believe the majority of the conversion goodies suppliers buy them in, with the slider windows already made up with plastic parts. The shape and quality finish can make it difficult to line them up properly when they're side by side on the side of the van.
Bodans are fitting my van with windows supplied by VGC Ltd. They are a glass company and glass is their business. The flush sliding windows are made up in their factory and have metal parts. I saw them @ Warwick last year and was convinced. Not cheap but they're part of the major infrastructure of the van so need to be right.
You pays your money......

I had genuine VW glass fitted in my conversion, not much difference in price over good quality after market glass.

Best glass might not be best for your van. Post up what your plans/thoughts are and you will get better advice.

If going for sliders then VW are known to have issues. IMHO Flush fit look loads better.
If going after market remember to think about the ceramic band on the inside and how this will line up with the holes you cut in the van. (assuming you have a van)
Quality of the tint important, you can see ripples in some.
If fitting two windows on one side make sure the height matches.
How will you be finishing off, do u plan to carpet line or fit curtains/blinds.

Kev

Best glass might not be best for your van. Post up what your plans/thoughts are and you will get better advice.

If going for sliders then VW are known to have issues. IMHO Flush fit look loads better.
If going after market remember to think about the ceramic band on the inside and how this will line up with the holes you cut in the van. (assuming you have a van)

Kev

2018 Petrol T6 Highline SWB panel van for conversion to a part day part camper delivered 1st of June.
Reimo or Austops roof.
Insulation, lined, 150 Rib, no units, removable pod or folding camping furniture, EHU, battery, pms and multiple sockets.
After market sliding windows required in the front os panel and sliding door, two fixed rear windows in both rear quarters.
Tailgate is already glazed and heated from the factory.
So I need two front openers and two rear fixed windows which will also require black out curtains.

Much the same as me glass wise apart from I have a LWB.

I went for VGC flush fitted windows, have a look over on link for more details and some pics.

Kev

Hi,

Can anyone give me a part number for a fixed green tinted VW bonded window for the left hand side sliding door, SWB T6 Highline. I want it to match the green tint on the other windows, cheers.

Kev
Hi Kev,

Where can I find the IMHO windows to check them out?

Thanks

Frank

Can someone tell me where I buy the LOL wheels?

Only kidding.

Google Vehicle Glass Company for the flush-fit sliding windows.
I've got them and have not had any leaking issues. They’re curved so they fit the contour of the van, there are no ripples or whatnot to the glass, and they come pre-tinted so that you don’t have the telltale grey lines that tinting film leaves.
The only downside is the smaller window aperture - unless you’re building a show van with a one-off interior, I think it can be overlooked. I mean, it’s big enough, but it’s got a wider band than stock windows have.

Back