Slight highjack. My iPhone 6 works perfectly with Apple CarPlay BUT I often have to connect the USB cable, disconnect then reconnect before it works. Issues with first time connection are either Spotify not working or playing at double speed

Anyone else had this and is there any resolution? Not a huge deal but nice if it was fixable

on the apple sockets do you have to change the wiring too or just the plug as my usb socket has a pink plug and the plug on the wiring is also pink?

Not 100% sure, if you are converting from one socket to two then the pin configuration is different but single to single may be different ??

I have all the leads and sockets in stock at the office if you post a pic of the rear of yours I will do my best to compare the pic to what I have not promising anything but may show us if it's obviously wrong
All sockets look the same as in a four pin fakra connector it's the grooves on outside of the plug that makes the difference
If you post pic please let me know exactly what setup you have ie headunit and number and type of sockets etc

I finally spoke to someone who said they can unlock app connect on the composition media unit. Cost was £289 inc vat. For both app connect and voice control was £459. And replace with the discovery media with both enabled was 1100.

Think I'll skip this one.

IMG_4112.JPG

Just been told App Connect is now available for commercials, can anyone who has say if its worth getting?

I've got it (factory option). It's useful, but only works when using a a lead plugged into the usb to my iPhone.

I mainly use it for Deezer music streaming (sounds good!) and occasional route finding if the discover media cant quite find a destination. Both work very well

I've got it (factory option). It's useful, but only works when using a a lead plugged into the usb to my iPhone.

I mainly use it for Deezer music streaming (sounds good!) and occasional route finding if the discover media cant quite find a destination. Both work very well
I thought the point of it was you didn't have to use the usb lead? I can play music from my iphone through bluetooth and no lead now.

I've been trying to understand this, apparently Wireless CarPlay was finally demonstrated at the US Consumer Electronics Show (CES) earlier this year, VW was due to demo wireless CarPlay at CES last year (2016) but it was blocked by the Apple who wanted a bigger bang.

Volkswagen: Apple 'didn't allow us to' demo wireless CarPlay at CES | Cult of Mac

I have been trying to get the CarPlay activation key in the picture but the dealer keeps saying it's on back order. But at the moment I'm expecting it to be via USB only when I finally get mine activated.

Wireless CarPlay - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Whether the Wifi upgrade will happen who knows.

I have a My17 Transporter and i have App Connect,

Its annoying that you have to connect the cable for it to work,

The Voice TXT reply option is a joke, you spend more time deleting the reply as it types in the wrong word.

It is handy to use the maps, but apart from that, it still needs a lot more work

I looked up the activation codes the other day
Part number 7H0 054 830 price was around £141 + vat and I downloaded the installation instructions and it seems pretty straight forward (obviously ODIS online is required) so no reason a dealer can't sort these out

image.jpg

I'm holding on for the new Pioneers which will have wireless Carplay, they're already out in the States so shouldn't be long. Having said that, I'll still probably plug it in to keep it charged

I looked up the activation codes the other day
Part number 7H0 054 830 price was around £141 + vat and I downloaded the installation instructions and it seems pretty straight forward (obviously ODIS online is required) so no reason a dealer can't sort these out

View attachment 12699

Thanks- that's what they quoted but was on back order, Kombi needs an inspection service in 800 miles so will get them to do it while it's in.

The MK7 Golf boys seem to think that the later Head Units are wireless capable, I'll keep lurking on their thread and see what I find out.

USB connection for the time being :(

Back