Anyone had any issues with the sliding-door not closing?

Only had it happen twice, eventually after a few attempts it shuts.
Are you taking about a standard door, or one with power-closing or just power-latching?

Slam-vents are often covered over during lining so the air-pressure difference makes closing all doors harder, sometimes. Leaving a window open, closing the doors and then closing the window by holding down the lock button is the easiest resolution to this.

Are you taking about a standard door, or one with power-closing or just power-latching?

Slam-vents are often covered over during lining so the air-pressure difference makes closing all doors harder, sometimes. Leaving a window open, closing the doors and then closing the window by holding down the lock button is the easiest resolution to this.
From what i cans see its a standard sliding door.

What it is, is when i slide it to close it feels as if its hitting a sponge and bouncing's back? If that makes sense?
Has only happened a couple of times.

What it is, is when i slide it to close it feels as if its hitting a sponge and bouncing's back? If that makes sense?
Sounds like air pressure to me.

When I got my current van I got fed up of this so fitted the power latch kit available from Pauly on this forum. It now shuts with minimal effort every time. Other than that the advice from @Ads_Essex is sound.

Mine did this a few times, called VW Assist and they fitted new sliding door lock assembly under warranty it was a known problem, all good now.

Mine did this after my bodyshop fitted it back on. The rear carrier had slipped on its adjustment thread. I think I need a new one. Have a look at the rear latch on closing and see if it is rubbing the metal

I'm the same as @Dave Mac - VW Assist came out and fixed it. I don't recall the bloke saying that it was a known problem but it speaks volumes that he just happened to have the parts required to fix it in his van. The only issue was that he managed to break most of the panel clips when he took it off the door to do the repair and because mine is a camper conversion with carpet lining, the 'standard VW clips' that he had on board did not work. He reckoned mine were non-OEM and I was left to sort them out myself (which was not a major problem really as even my limited DIY skills were up to it!).

Back