Any bikers tow a bike with their T6?

Vinci

Residential Surveyor
T6 Guru
Do any fellow bikers tow their bikes on a collapsible dedicated trailer?

Caravan for work and a twin wheel car trailer, but as yet no Bike trailer but I am looking for 1 for my gsx-r when doing track days.

Ride magazine did an article on one....might have been Motolug. Looks good and can be stored in the back of the van. Clever.

I've got a single bike trailer I use for track days or transporting bikes around. Not yet used it on the T6, but I'm sure I will in the summer.

I am looking for a bike trailer for my XDiavel S, if anyone can recommend a decent trailer please let me know

Tend to put mine in the back of the van if i want to take it anywhere :)

Do you use a wheel chock or what? I'm looking to do this for longer trips when I'm on my own and can sacrifice he space in the van. So looking for good ideas / tips on the best way to load / keep the bike safe.

Yes, wheel chock right up to the cab seats, I also fix this with a ratchet strap to stop it moving

Just two more straps then to tie the front end of the bike down....solid as a rock and never had any problems

Folding aluminium ramp to get the bike into the van

Could probably pick the lot up for less than £100

That's exactly how i wanted to do it. I've got the straps for when I've loaded the bike on the trailer, but I need a wheel chock and a folding ramp.

I've a Motolug and it is a good piece of kit as I don't have space to store a none collapsible trailer at home. I bought the 1 & 2 bike option and it works really nicely together, think they have improved it since as well. Paint finish isn't great though in my experience.

I've transported bikes in my jumbo, including full dresser HD's, all I can say is I use all the straps I can find, and put one through the back wheel angled backwards to stop the bike going forwards. What you have to bear in mind is that in the event of a collision at 70mph :whistle: that beast in the back will become the same as a herd of elephants, and your sitting in front of it! :whistle: Remember the safety advert about an unrestrained baby becoming the same as a baby elephant? Oh and the straps I use are ex Brit military tank straps!:thumbsup: As squaddies like a good lash up :D:rofl::rofl::sleep:

Last edited:
I don't think I'd get my BWW1150gs into my van, although I stand to be corrected, but I wouldn't even try and get it up a ramp on my own!!!

On the subject of lashings, please remember to secure the back of a bike as well as the front, as the arse end can do a "stoppie" in the event of a front impact/roll over, and also go sideways in the event of a side impact?:( As with the life of a biker on the road, plan for the unexpected, as assumption is the mother of all f#%kups!:eek:

I been seriously thinking about these past few comments.
Take a bike weighing ?150 + kgs (thats roughly how much mine weighs, HDs etc gonna be more) in the event of a front impact i cant see any amount of lashing to rear tiedowns is going to stop that bad boy flying forwards and seriously injuring the front occupants ?
I have removed and refitted the lashing points in my van and its just a bolt screwed into a hole, they dont even go through that far
Low speeds would obviously be fine but i honestly dont think i would travel at motorway speeds with a large metal lump like that behind me

@Pauly , many thanks for the comments:thumbsup: I'm glad I have made people think about this area of things that people often overlook:thumbsdown: I use multiple points to spread the load, as well as using my own selected points:thumbsup:. You Can also adopt a belt and braces last ditch manner as well, by putting a flat strap round the tow bar, and then around the rear wheel before closing the hatch.:thumbsdown::thumbsup::whistle:

Back