Another cracked screen.

@Dragothesiberian. Elsewhere, on this same subject, it was suggested that a bit of roughness at the edge of the screen may have been the cause but Hawkeye (@Loz) spotted a small chip in the screen. A suggestion was made to run a ballpen along the crack as you would then feel the smallest chip. Perhaps worth a second look so that a screen claim can be made. Bad luck though, but they are big old screens so just catch almost anything tossed up.

Are T6's just being unlucky here, or is something else developing here? Seems to be a sizeable number of issues for a relatively small pool of vans, or am I seeing too much through my beer?

Doing plenty of m/way miles sees my windscreen get pinged quite often. In all the miles driving cars I've had plenty of chips but no cracks.

Needless to say I now have a small crack after getting pinged this morning. I'm hoping its repairable though.

Hello - new to the forum as just about to buy a used 2016 T6 (credit card in hand, now!) but have spotted in the Das WeltAuto checklist a windscreen issue.
Phoned dealer who confirmed it is cracked, but being replaced before sale.

Any tips to make sure the windscreen is as good as original? Spec list says insulated as well as heated. Do you know if this is true of all the VW made T6 windscreens? TIA!

At the moment I believe that there still are no pattern windscreens being produced for the T6 (or was up till a few weeks ago), therefore you should get the exact same screen as it rolled out of the factory with. When you pick the van up look for the tiny etching on the screen, if it says VW rather than something like Pilkington, then you should be good.

After Auto glass turned up with the wrong screen and unable to fit it in the dry, they were more than happy to fit it in the pissing rain, I wasn't! so I cancelled with them and got my £75 excess back.. so I called my local branch of National Windscreens in Redruth expecting to wait for a new screen only to be told to bring it straight in to the fitting centre! they had twenty one genuine screens in stock! and that they had fitted three the previous day.. highly recommended did a great job.

There a bit hopeless, Autoglass, I waited for a few weeks, reckoned that the replacement got damaged twice in transit. Mind you one fitter refused to fit it because of the wind and rain, he was very apologetic but I totally agreed with him. Got it sorted eventually, all good so far. Seems to be a lot of screens being replaced, mmmmh???

There a bit hopeless, Autoglass, I waited for a few weeks, reckoned that the replacement got damaged twice in transit. Mind you one fitter refused to fit it because of the wind and rain, he was very apologetic but I totally agreed with him. Got it sorted eventually, all good so far. Seems to be a lot of screens being replaced, mmmmh???
My concern as well, noted initially on 17th Feb......is there an issue developing with T6's?

Yet another one over here!! Just driving home doing about 30mph and heard a small 'dink' not a really loud noise at all and I now have a four inch long crack in the middle of the windscreen running up from the very bottom!!! Not impressed at all...Are these screens especially brittle????

Back