And the Caravelle curtain debacle starts again

Andyman

Photographer
T6 Guru
A T6 Caravelle that yet nobody or no company has found a way to install Curtains properly

Companies sell them, assuring people
That they are suitable a Caravelle but are they? Nobody seems to take into account that a Caravelle has plastic trim Around the door windows and no trim at all above the rear quarter windows,

Screw the runners into the headlining? I think not, been there done that it’s not ok

So the solution….. someone smart enough and brave enough to place something behind the plastic door trims and behind the rear quarter headlining, for the curtain rails to screw into, and take the weight

Anyone? Cash waiting for anyone confident to take on the job

In my shuttle, the rails are screwed to the plastic and then the roof lining was dropped and a strip of ply added to screw into. Not factory perfect but pretty good...

A T6 Caravelle that yet nobody or no company has found a way to install Curtains properly

Companies sell them, assuring people
That they are suitable a Caravelle but are they? Nobody seems to take into account that a Caravelle has plastic trim Around the door windows and no trim at all above the rear quarter windows,

Screw the runners into the headlining? I think not, been there done that it’s not ok

So the solution….. someone smart enough and brave enough to place something behind the plastic door trims and behind the rear quarter headlining, for the curtain rails to screw into, and take the weight

Anyone? Cash waiting for anyone confident to take on the job
thats exactly what you do, the time consuming part is removing the panels. The clips also often break....,

Anybody had this done yet??? @GordonHR have you got any pics of your curtains please??? I've contacted @Eclipse Custom Vans and they're about to do some for somebody else, then we'll see how they go whether it's a good solution for me too! Is it yours they're doing @Andyman???

Good luck! Hope it goes well! Are/have you been using anything in the meantime? I'm hoping to go for a night or two away in the Caravelle at the end of March, and I'm debating making something up till I can get a decent job done on the curtains. Any tips/tricks??? Cheers, Rob

Well, I actually hung some dark towels over the blinds lol

A friend has made himself some wooden poles that fit into the slots and then thread them through some blackout material sticky back Velcro on sides and bottom looks pretty cool

Hey all! Any developments on the Caravelle curtains debacle??? @Eclipse Custom Vans @Andyman @JOG

I went for the thermal sucker blinds (as a temporary measure I was hoping), they're great, really good black out but just a pain in the ass to carry with you and put up every time you have a night out in it.

Cheers guys,

Rob

@Rob2red sadly the same situation continues, the Caravelle has simply been left behind lol
I currently have some dowl fitted into the slots where the blinds go and have home made curtains there, Velcro to the sides, not brilliant as light gets in the top but have new vehicle on order so can’t be bothered doing anymore alterations

Have a set of brand new swell shades for sale which are amazing we had some on our other ‘velle look into that idea, also have a full set of van-x curtains for sale if you’re happy to screw into the roof lining and plastic trim

@Rob2red sadly the same situation continues, the Caravelle has simply been left behind lol
I currently have some dowl fitted into the slots where the blinds go and have home made curtains there, Velcro to the sides, not brilliant as light gets in the top but have new vehicle on order so can’t be bothered doing anymore alterations

Have a set of brand new swell shades for sale which are amazing we had some on our other ‘velle look into that idea, also have a full set of van-x curtains for sale if you’re happy to screw into the roof lining and plastic trim
Aret he swell shades specifically for a Velle?

Back