Curtains Advice

NorthernJoy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good afternoon everyone,

I have been using stick on window coverings for the last few months to block out the windows while I decide which route I want to take regarding permanent window coverings, the window covers are good and cheap but take up a lot of space in the back while traveling so I'm at decision time.

I have seen vans in person with both Van x curtains and another van with shade pods fitted. I really didn't like the pods personally so wanted to go with curtains. I want to soften the interior of the van with curtains preferably and I have searched for this topic and can't find exactly what I am looking for.

So my questions I would like advice on are:

1. Our problem you only get black, grey, blue or burgundy with the curtain kits I have seen so far. None of which we really want for this application. Has anyone had made custom curtains that can fit these rails? Would it be possible to get a sewing company to swap out the materials to something we want instead of the standard darker colours? I understand the material is stretchy so not sure if this would work.

2. I REALLY don't want to use self tappers or drill into the body at all, would a strong Sikaflex be strong enough to hold on the interior curtain rails? Or just go the self tapping route but add a product like Tef-gel? The van is going to be a long term investment so don't want any corrosion issues 5,10 years + down the line is all. Having possibly exposed metal with the humidity of campervan is giving me nightmares, or am I being silly?

I have 5 weeks until Jerba fit the pop-top so getting everything ready to blitz the interior once it comes back. I think I am starting to over think things now... Thanks for any advice.

Back