Caravelle curtains still unavailable

Andyman

Photographer
T6 Guru
Surprised to discover today that yet still
Nobody has designed a decent set of blackout curtains for a caravelle

the usual van x and similar are absolutely no good whatsoever, the far rear windows have nothing above them to screw or drill into to hold up the curtain other than the roof lining, which eventually is damaged and pulled downwards due to the weight and stretch of the curtains

the same applies to the sliding doors, although there is the plastic surround all round, from experience I know this is quickly warped out of shape again by the weight or stretch of the curtains

I really thought someone would have discovered how to sort this out by now

just about to buy that female who lives in my house (she says she is the boss) a T6 Caravelle and yep she wants curtains!!
I went through this 3 years ago and dreading it already

anyone found a solution?

I admit to not being surprised, this is something VW need to address or someone else could make a lot of shilling from

Many of the
Do you have the built in retractable sun shades that clip.in at top of the windows?
Yes we do

The usual curtains sets sold for T6 etc, Van X, and the like are not compatible for the Caravelle due to the plastic surround on the sliding doors and of course the rear windows have no surround at all other than plastic on the bottom and headlining at the top

Its a nightmare

Many of the

Yes we do

The usual curtains sets sold for T6 etc, Van X, and the like are not compatible for the Caravelle due to the plastic surround on the sliding doors and of course the rear windows have no surround at all other than plastic on the bottom and headlining at the top

Its a nightmare
Hi @Andyman … if you find the answer to your quest…let me know…I installed the tailgate upper/lower trim a while back..not a fan of the unfinished look…but want the curtains to look the part not just A naff finish…fussy.. yes…but as we all have spent far to much money…the journey continues…….:)

17606CCD-BC08-4230-B724-68F37678CFD0.png

@VanDamMan 100% on your side, this is a quest

I went the van x way on mine and they tore down the headlining due to the stretch

I had the Baimex ones fitted and again ruined the headlining

there must be a way i just have not found it and my OH will not tolerate her headlining getting ruined

Many of the

Yes we do

Its a nightmare

Have a search for vw good night packet the curtains clip onto the top of the roller sun shades for the side windows

They are not black out though.

For front back and cab side they have flexible stiffeners to keep them in position.

I see them on ebay.de quite often

Tbh now having it in my hands I would make my own, all you need is a bit of plastic channel to go over the bar of the sun shade

@VanDamMan have been given/explained the solution for them to work properly

Sadly im not able to do myself,

so need to take off the sliding door trim and put in a piece of timber, ( glue or screw to the metal frame) the top rail will then screw into that and prevent the stretched curtains from deforming the shape of the plastic trim, (have had that and its outrageous)

Need to drop the headlining near the rear windows and again insert (glue or screw to metal frame) the top rail will then screw into that and prevent the stretched curtains from deforming and pulling down the headlining, (again i had that and it was horrible)

Rear tailgate same as sliding doors, however I never experienced any trouble at all with the tailgate curtains

So, if anyone is in Hampshire or a good travel distance nearby, is confident of doing such a thing, i am happy to rock up with the curtains (or you can supply if you prefer) and pay whatever the cost is for a set of curtains to be properly and nicely fitted, just assure me you won't trash my headlining lol

Hi @Andyman … If the curtains are that strong and pull out the fixtures..I’d say its the wrong material …there seems to be many suppliers willing to take our money but fail by bodging the fitment ….I’m still looking….really it’s the tailgate that needs the curtain..the idea I had was to find a flexible rail that I can form over the rear wipe bump on the plastic trim ( yes I’d probably need to remove the trim and lock/support the fixture..but not with wood :eek: from inside ) I’m going to Busfest hoping to find a solution…I’d much rather spend a few £££ more on fittings that work than bodge….it’s scandalous that converter/suppliers seem to think what you can’t see won’t hurt you…. I feel your pain

Have been told Vanstyle curtains can be hit and miss, anyone have an opinion or experience?

I’ve looked everywhere for a solution, I ended up ordering some caravelle custom sized thermal screens (not blinds sorry) they had the ability to sucker the low half or quarter and fold them over like an small stack . Magnets inside to keep the folded sides on top of each other. Ordered two months ago. Got a call yesterday that he can’t supply the order. Due to holiday Friday (two days) so orderes some generic thermal screens.
I know it doesn’t help you but suffice to say I’ve looked. Tried ordering. Got my order cancelled. If you find anything let me know.

@Ukfozzybear damn I feel your pain, I have all but given up, I’ve emailed 27 different places many of whom say their curtains are ok or designed for caravelles, BUT cannot explain what they screw the top rails into on the rear quarter windows, if I am honest, NONE of them are appropriate

Baimex curtains from Experience are better curtains BUT have the same issue, so the real headache is finding someone who will do a proper job at installing them, and that really means dropping the headlining above the rear quarters and dropping the plastic trim on the sliding doors

Hi I have just bought caravelle and I'm going down the limo tint to the rear and interior sucker blinds to front as the interior pull up sun blinds in the rear finish the job of at night time with the night heater on

I have a T6 Shuttle. I bought Kiravans' curtains for the rear and rear side windows. The metal rails are bent for screwing into metal not the plastic which my shuttle has, but it wasn't difficult to screw in the small self tappers, gently so not to thread the holes.

IMG_20210623_155750.jpg

IMG_20210623_153658.jpg

Since then I have bought silverlined thermal window blinds. They stick on with suckers.

Back