Am I going mad, re passenger window

Twice I have woken up to a passenger window being all the way down, maybe am getting senile and have forgotten to put it up, cos well the boss says it wasnt her that left it down.

There also seems to be an intermittent fault on the same window, which on pulling the button for up, goes down

T6.1 - anyone else have a similar thing?

Have you got wind deflectors? Woke up and had the same thing happen to me but realised it was the wind deflectors causing the issue.

I do indeed have deflectors - but hasnt been a problem on the other side of the van - and I am reluctant to say its only happening on the passenger side, due to the boss having both title belts, and working on the treble.

Occasionally the windows go the wrong way on my 6.1 (down instead of up) but it can be either window and never on there own. Have you checked out @Newf suggestion ?!

Reading the original post again, you would think both windows would be down with an accidental key fob press not just the passenger side, so perhaps not the same issue that I linked to.

My guess would be the deflectors triggering the window drop.

The fact the window drops when you pull the button for it to rise is that it immediately thinks it’s trapping someone (which is in fact it hitting a clip) and therefore drops to prevent them being injured.

Take your passenger deflector off (including the clips in the channel, as these are what cause the issue) and see if you have the same problem.

I have deflectors and they occasionally cause a window to go back down again when trying to put it up.
Mainly passenger side.
Have to play with the clip to reposition then all ok for a while.
Think vibration and wind is the culprit.

Back