Passenger window goes down but not up!

Haworth

As per the title, the button on the passenger side makes window go down but won't work going up. Will operate normally up and down using the switch on the driver's side though.

For a short while before it stopped it made a similar noise as described in morpardave's thread here after winding up, then stopped going up altogether. I've tried the re-set thing but to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas? Might just a new button fix it?

Thanks

Have you taken the switch out of the plastic surround and looked it at?
Both of mine have snapped at the hinge and they all have weird characteristics of their own when operating?

Mine done this so i unplugged the passenger switch and plugged it back in and magically it started working again. Maybe worth a try

This happened to me on the drivers side. I had to replace the window module PCB. I had left my window open in the rain. Water seeped into the inside of the door and caused the Window motor module PCB to fail. There was evidence of PCB damage. I messed about with switches but it wasn't the switch (in my case) etc . @Loz came to my rescue. See this post>>>. Drivers window won't go up with switch [Resolved]

Back