Electric windows with a mind of their own!

Mike1969

T6 Pro
Hi folks - serious help needed. 69 plate Shuttle - it’s happened twice now - locked the van with the front windows shut - next time I’ve looked at the van say an hour later both windows have fully opened on their own. wtf. How could I park somewhere with confidence? Has anyone ever experienced a similar problem? Cheers

thats normally you sitting on the key in your pocket . .

or

a sticky key button.

if you press and hold the unlock button.

the comfort open feature will unlock & open the windows.

but . . .

if you dont open a door on the van within a short time, it will assume you have sat on the keys and relock the doors.

leaving you with a locked van with open windows.

It’s only a base ‘S’ Shuttle so the only controls on the key are door lock/unlock and tailgate lock/unlock - unless I don’t know about a ‘secret’ button press combo to open the windows remotely??

And when you went back to the van, was it unlocked as well as the windows down ?

Pete
No doors locked

press and HOLD unlock button - unlock and open windows (hold for 20 s)

press and HOLD lock button - lock and close windows (hold for 20 s)

Thanks for that now I know why my T6.1 windows were open this afternoon after I locked the van.

John.

I’m at a rally at Newark since yesterday and twice I’ve come back to my van with the windows open, why have this stupid idea programmed into your key fob. Can this be programmed out.

John.

Just had a look- mines a 6.1 with composition colour. Push the menu button. Then vehicle. then settings ( bottom right). Then opening and closing. Then window operation -convenience opening and set it to off.
Alan

I have come out to find my van with both windows fully down twice now. I must be opening the van from the fob in my pocket inside the house!

It looks as though I am going to have to get my Carista working to turn it off as my van is a 6.0, not a 6.1.

I have come out to find my van with both windows fully down twice now. I must be opening the van from the fob in my pocket inside the house!

It looks as though I am going to have to get my Carista working to turn it off as my van is a 6.0, not a 6.1.
Or.....

Woke up this morning to find my windows down, fortunately I think it must have just happened, as it wasn't too bad considering its been raining. Reading up on this until I can get the feature disabled and or get a RFID pouch, I found a temporary fix for the key.

thumbnail.jpeg

Back