Am I Being Thick . . . .

I can totally see that. Having now driven a new standard Kombi LWB Highline on 17" and a new Sportline LWB. The standard vehicle felt very 'floaty' on motorway duties in comparison and had much more body roll around town and particularly on roundabouts. The steering seemed to lack that correctly weighted precision feel, if that makes sense. Maybe that's what you are also describing. From my perspective, I would not buy the standard vehicle at all, as dynamically, it is no improvement over my Vito Sport whatsoever. However, the Sportline, with the -30mm springs and 18" wheels, was not that far from a car. If you didn't know, you wouldn't even think you were driving the same vehicle.

Although, I have not tried it yet, I am also told by those who drive these back to back everyday, that the addition of 4Motion as well as bigger rims and lowered suspension improves the dynamics noticeably as well.

So the combination of my own experiences and some third person feedback led me to my spec .......................... ( as well as the look of it of course ;))

Last edited:
Back