Airflow in van when parked/locked.

Hi All...we have used the bandrup air latch.....does work with power tailgate ...but we’ve got power latching as well ..it’s a bit stop/start to get it to locate...
but once you get over the horrible feeling that it’s gonna damage the van...it’s ok :eek:
It’s damaged the paint on my tailgate and I’ve only used it a couple of times. I’d recommend fitting some protection on the bottom of the tailgate.

Hi
What does everyone do in their kombis for rear ventilation when they have a full rear bulk head? Just got our kombi and wondered best way to keep the dog in the back nice and cool on our day trips out? I really want to keep the bulkhead for noise and such. The dog like water and really want to keep him separate to us but as safe as possible and as cool as can be.
I’ve heard of a tailgate standoff bracket but believe this to be just for over night sleeping?
Maybe fans?

If you have side windows these vents look good.

If you have side windows these vents look good.

Sorry mate
I ment for the back of the van where the dog would go? I don’t want him getting too warm. He gets a bit wet and dirty and would prefer him back there if possible

I’m pretty sure the tailgate stand off bracket will suck exhaust gas in.
Fans will just circulate the same hot air.
Water tank and 12V shower to wash the dog?

I’m pretty sure the tailgate stand off bracket will suck exhaust gas in.
Fans will just circulate the same hot air.
Water tank and 12V shower to wash the dog?
Yes true never thought of exhaust.. I’ve no problem washing the dog. I just don’t want him too hot back there. With no ventilation I’m not happy with him been in a box. There is ventilation at the top and bottom into the main cab. But think I’d prefer another source.

Here’s a tip for using a Brandup Airsafe (tailgate ventilation bar). I’ve been using it for a while now and it’s a PITA to align with the tailgate lock, best done with two people with one inside positioning the bar and one outside to close the tailgate.
Obviously this only works if;
1. There are two people.
2. There is enough access to reach the area of the tailgate lock.

In order to make this an outside only, one person job I have attached a small cable tie base (superglued) to the tailgate lock.
Anything similar will work.
Next with the Brandup Airsafe bar in place on the van I placed a loop of strong but thin cord around the end of the bar that will engage in the lock. In my case I used 60lb fishing shock leader as it is strong and will not fray.
Both loose cord ends were then passed through the same eye on the cable tie base and tensioned.
Next the tailgate is slowly closed with one arm while tensioning the cord with the other.
This action lifts and aligns the Brandup Airsafe bar perfectly with the lock.
With the lock is engaged one end of the cord can be pulled to remove the cord from the lock.

D71B91FA-5754-40F2-871A-12580D86A106.jpegBD7A3DA3-A006-469C-BBB8-9A608FE90D9B.jpegA588AD9E-4A0A-4277-B7E5-310B708CC6CF.jpeg2DC9919C-A627-4F32-B428-EDE10984FAC3.jpeg04151CA4-6BF7-414B-A908-B7D4BD719374.jpegF14A237B-0B12-458F-A024-51118B3C9F50.jpeg

I don't want to build height as to allow for parking, thus looking for a side or rear ventilation fans on a T6.

I don't have any windows at all and a bulk head.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Back