Aftermarket LED Grille DRL wiring

Adaptations in T6.1 with fog lights:

1641923293518.png

And, T6.1 without fog lights - perhaps you could try these.

1641923767191.png

have you done a full auto-scan before you started i found this can sometimes help for some reason
Possibly this gremlin - especially post #2.
Also here (post #7)

I have updated the HEX-V2 firmware to 4608 (by switching into Beta channel in the updater) - so far so good...

Possibly this gremlin - especially post #2.
Also here (post #7)

I have updated the HEX-V2 firmware to 4608 (by switching into Beta channel in the updater) - so far so good...
Thanks for the info…makes an interesting read. I’ll give it a go in the morning and see how far I get with it.

It's probably a good idea to backup all the adaptations before any changes!
Raw Hex -output format is the tool for that.
View attachment 141222

More here:
Thanks for all your help…I have finally got back round to having a look at this. I have backed up the adaptions as a hex file.
I can’t make any changes though as it’s asking for security code access. Last time I had to put a code in to change something it popped up in VCDS but doesn’t seem to do that anymore…any idea what the security code is?
Thanks again in advance.

Ok sorted it…did a search of the forum and found the code.

As per your adaptions list to change…seems to have worked a treat!!
Thanks so much for your help! :)

For future reference what adaptatioslns did you change

Last edited:
Do you know what channel it is to switch off the PWM on the reverse light as I am getting a flicker on my reverse camera?
No, not really. However, the channels related to reversing light have designator "Leuchte28RFL C3", thus possibly tweaking channel "ENG124888-ENG115503-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_CD_28" could be related?

Have you verified the power feed is actually PWM?
Are your reversing lights LEDs or halogen bulbs?

A proposal to filter out possible PWM:

No, not really. However, the channels related to reversing light have designator "Leuchte28RFL C3", thus possibly tweaking channel "ENG124888-ENG115503-Leuchte28RFL C3-Dimming_CD_28" could be related?

Have you verified the power feed is actually PWM?
Are your reversing lights LEDs or halogen bulbs?

A proposal to filter out possible PWM:
Yes halogen bulbs, how would you verify the supply is PWM?

With a multimeter having frequency measurement capability.
E.g. a cheap one -

Across the bulb for pure DC (without PWM) the reading would be 0 Hz. With PWM present I'd guess the reading would be somewhere in range 100-200 Hz. Although never checked on T6.1. T6 runs PWM at that range (again, never actually verified on reversing lights).

A few snippets how PWM looks like on T6
However, worth to note that the PWM exists there only during start-up and dimming phases.- otherwise the lights run at pure 12 V without PWM.

Have you checked if the flicker goes away when headlights are on? Which would imply there are different "modes" for lights - to prolong their lifespan running them at lower intensity/power/voltage/PWM in daytime :geek:

Back