Adding LED DRL to a Startline bumper

The Flying Scotsman

VIP Member
T6 Guru
After taking my T6 for its first drive in the dark I can see why everyone moans about the standard H4’s and will definitely be upgrading them the THQ H7’s during the winter.
I've also got a set of fog lights and fitting kit for my sportsline front bumper.
I’m thinking of fitting an additional set of DRL’s in my bumper when it’s off for fitting the fog lights.
My van is a startline and I was wondering about fitting something like this in my bumper.
Does anyone have experience in fitting DRL’s in a startline front bumper?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Cheers

Before you go for the expensive aftermarket or h7’s try some decent bulbs. I got halford advanced 200% main bulbs, and led drl’s and sidelights. Easily twice as good, since I did that I’ve managed fine. And main beam on quiet country roads is like flood lights lol. I think I paid about 60-70 all in.

Before you go for the expensive aftermarket or h7’s try some decent bulbs. I got halford advanced 200% main bulbs, and led drl’s and sidelights. Easily twice as good, since I did that I’ve managed fine. And main beam on quiet country roads is like flood lights lol. I think I paid about 60-70 all in.
I did exactly that then one night I was crossing the moors in driving rain on a busy road and stopped to check my lights were still on.

Next day I scoured the net for H7s second hand and fitted them within two weeks. Totally different to H4s.

Fair enough. Depends where you drive I guess, but if I am out in pitch black I have mine on full beam anyway which is way more than enough. I personally haven’t had an issue since upgrading the bulbs. The stock light with normal bulbs are like driving by candle light though, damn right dangerous.

I'm not convinced that the DRL's will help add more meaningful light to the road, they are predominately there to make your van more visible (and look cool)

@MrSkip has just swapped out H7's for THQ H7's so may be looking to sell the H7's?? Don't want to speak for him so hopefully he can advise if he is as this could be a good upgrade option.

I'm not convinced that the DRL's will help add more meaningful light to the road, they are predominately there to make your van more visible (and look cool)

@MrSkip has just swapped out H7's for THQ H7's so may be looking to sell the H7's?? Don't want to speak for him so hopefully he can advise if he is as this could be a good upgrade option.
Yes they are available complete with new bulbs £200

Thanks guys but I’ve got my heart set on THQ’s.
I’ve seen some T6’s with the small DRL’s below the main lights in the bumper and was wondering if they are OE or aftermarket ?
I know these won’t help illuminate the road and are mainly just for show but am thinking about fitting them when my bumper is off getting the fog lights and new headlights fitted.
Does anyone have any information on these bumper mounted DRL’s ?
Cheers

Back