Aftermarket LED Grille DRL wiring

Sean_uk03

VCDS User
VIP Member
Hi guys,

After a quick bit of help if possible….

So todays job is fitting these DRL’s into an URBAN bumper… any ideas where position 58 is to connect the blue wire??
I’m also getting front fog light bulb warning light because the fogs are obviously omitted to fit the bumper…can they be turned off with VCDS or will the warning stop once these drl’s are connected??

Thanks for any help in advance.3D863720-13E9-4E5A-B11E-644D1BAC3CD1.jpegDC3912D8-5EEF-48A2-BE67-E58FCFCCF1BF.jpeg5E5F797F-AD9C-4427-AFB9-86984F61CE52.jpeg

58 is your side lights. When that has 12v to it it makes the DRL dim slightly

58 is your side lights. When that has 12v to it it makes the DRL dim slightly
Thanks, figured that bit out…just wanted it confirming.

Just spoken to URBAN also and they say I need to code the fog lights out of the system.
I’ve got VCDS but not familiar with every function… any ideas how to do that?

The vehicle is a T6.1

Thanks, figured that bit out…just wanted it confirming.

Just spoken to URBAN also and they say I need to code the fog lights out of the system.
I’ve got VCDS but not familiar with every function… any ideas how to do that?

The vehicle is a T6.1
Why would you need to code the foglights out?

Why would you need to code the foglights out?
Because you have to remove the fog lights to fit an URBAN bumper but when they are removed you get a bulb warning error. Urban have said they need coding out of the system.

what version of VCDS are you using and what year is the van? I've used VCDS on several T6.1's no issue so far. Current version is 21.9.0

have you done a full auto-scan before you started i found this can sometimes help for some reason

what version of VCDS are you using and what year is the van? I've used VCDS on several T6.1's no issue so far. Current version is 21.9.0

have you done a full auto-scan before you started i found this can sometimes help for some reason
Yeah it’s v21.9.0

ODIS then if VCDS won't do it, have you done an Auto Scan?

ODIS then or possibly VCP but not tried VCP on a T6.1 yet

How old is your cable. Mine will only work up to MY2018 can't remember what it is maybe HEX-USB+CAN cable

Ah yeah good point. Mines HEX V2

How old is your cable. Mine will only work up to MY2018 can't remember what it is maybe HEX-USB+CAN cable
I have the wifi hex-net which is one of the newest versions that sit alongside the v2 I believe…it’s firmware is fully updated.image.jpg

Looks like you need a V2 interface

Looks like you need a V2 interface

The one I have is top of the range, it’s the same as the v2 but is both wired or wireless.

Your going to need odis I think. I've been lucky so far with the vans I've worked on

Back