Aftermarket heated seats

Ouch! That’s a whack of money to fork out on top of a return!
I’d like to think that there is enough expertise on this forum to contribute real guidance for a DIY attempt. Why not propose pulling together a “How to...” guide with pics from doing the job and see how it is possible to harness the power of the forum? Remember, guides are only available to VIP members, so it is a “give back” opportunity!
Am I just naive and guilty of fanciful thinking?!!
Agreed, am more than happy with spanners & hitting things with a hammer but anything that requires precision usually brings out my long list of swear words

Hi guys. I wired mine in myself and was a very simple job. I would say it probably took around 2.5/3 hrs but it was my first attempt at it. Put my switch in to the base of the passenger seat so it’s easy to see and reach while driving.
Did you use any of the wiring under the passenger seat to tap into?
The garage that quoted me said it would need to feed up behind the dash

No for some reason I had no cables under my passenger seat. I ran a new feed in from the battery to under the seat. The hardest part was finding a switched live to the relay from the fuse board. I haven’t got swivel seats in mine (Yet!!)

It’s very easy to get cables behind the dash also tho. I took my small side panel off by the lighting switch the other day and managed to get a wiring rod across to the passenger side fairly easily.

It’s very easy to get cables behind the dash also tho. I took my small side panel off by the lighting switch the other day and managed to get a wiring rod across to the passenger side fairly easily.
That’s a surprise. Where did you manage to come out on the passenger side?

Got kind of half way near the cup holder area then down towards the pollen filter area and I was pretty much there then.

@Superowls

This guy works for a lot of main dealers and private installs around the Yorkshire area, he worked on my T6, pre PDI at JCT600, Sheffield.
Nice guy, knows his stuff, easy to talk to and used to own a T5

Give Paul a call, he may be able to help

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JOG
@Superowls

This guys works for a lot of main dealers and private installs around the Yorkshire area, he worked on my T6, pre PDI at JCT600, Sheffield.

Good shout @moomin-j

@Superowls

This guys works for a lot of main dealers and private installs around the Yorkshire area, he worked on my T6, pre PDI at JCT600, Sheffield.

Brilliant, thanks for that pal
Will give him a call tomorrow and let you know how I get on :thumbsup:

@Superowls

Just spoke to the guy you recommended, he's coming out and doing them on my drive - £80+ vat!!
Well happy with that, especially as he's got a 50mile round trip included in that

Cheers for the heads up

20201130_103909.jpg

Just spoke to the guy you recommended, he's coming out and doing them on my drive - £80+ vat!!
Well happy with that, especially as he's got a 50mile round trip included in that

Cheers for the heads up

View attachment 93557

Well, I just don't know what to say...
I am feeling the northern, Sheffield love!

Hope Paul can work his magic for you.

Has any one fitted after market heated seats. I am looking at getting ones that have a thermostat and two temperatures. ( High and Low)
Are they any good?

i fitted oem setup and its not too difficult however its obviously slightly more expensive. depends on whether you like the switches in the centre of the aircon dials or a rocker on the side of the seat

Do remember the price of the oem ones you got?
I bought a single captains passenger seat which had the oem heating pads already installed so that was a start.
for the rest, £240 for the drivers pads from VW. You need the dash switches/aircon controller which is around £75 from Ebay. theres a control module too which is around £50 again from ebay and lastly a Kufatec loom which is approx 80 euro from Germany. put it all together and hey presto. Search the forum for OEM heated seats and Kufatec loom and that will explain all thats needed and involved. Bear in mind if you are going to do it yourself its both seats and lower dash out job

Back