T6 with 1 heated seat. How to add second heated seat?

Silber

VIP Member
Hi. I have a 2019 T6 that came with a heated driver's seat and bench seat not heated.

We have installed 2 front heated seats from a T5 caravelle and the drivers seat is plug and play and works well.

Does anyone know a way to get the passenger seat heating to work also.

So far our research suggests that if we installed a simple switch then it wouldn't regulate the heat properly. Is that true and is there any solution?

As a last resort maybe we can have them both controlled by the one control switch on the dash with a separate on/off switch on the seats.

Any advice or solutions you have will be greatly appreciated!

As far as I know you couldn't spec just one heated seat so if your heated seats are OEM then the wiring for the second seat should be there already. Can you post a pic of your seat switches

As far as I know you couldn't spec just one heated seat so if your heated seats are OEM then the wiring for the second seat should be there already. Can you post a pic of your seat switches
Hi thanks for responding. The seats are OEM from a German caravelle and our van is also German. In these photos you can see the control on the dash, and all of the cables and connections available under the passenger seat.

20240109_125251.jpg

20240109_125644.jpg

20240109_130137.jpg

20240109_130217.jpg

Ah ok, never seen that option here. So you don't already have the wiring. It could be added. You'd have to replace the heater control panel and add the second seat control module and associated wiring. It would cheaper to add an after market kit but it is doable.

Back