Advise for high mileage

MarcoUK

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I ma close to put my cash on a 2020 T6.1 LWB super basic (just business pack) with 65k from a VW dealer. It is priced £19,680 + VAT. This will be a compromise since I would like DSG and tailgate. I am planning to use it as daily and only driver, week ends away (sliding bench/bed on the back) and have always with me 2 bikes in the "garage" area.

I just notice a T6 for sale at the Big Van World for £18,994 + VAT with DSG and tailgate (kombi) but it has 143788 Miles on the clock, with full VW Service (10 Services at 11k, 23k, 37k, 59k, 64k, 79k, 93k, 107k, 121k & 133k). Link

What is your opinion? Is it a risky high mileage? Will it be difficult to sell it in 2 or 3 years time (I do 20k/year on average)

Last edited:
If not having DSG or a tailgate will be a compromise, the first one is the wrong van.

In 2021 I bought my 2019 T6 kombi with almost 100 000 miles (150 00 km) at at a reposessed vehicle auction, with very little proof of service history, but she is in an excellent condition. Had her serviced, replaced both cambelts etc. No problems so far, added another 10 000 already. I cannot consider resale value because the van was modified for wheelchair access and I will have to keep it for as long as possible, but I guess it will be difficult to sell with such high miles. Do not buy ii if it is not exactly what you want. Keep looking, the right one for you is out there.

Only you can make this decision but I understand that knowing what other people have done can support your decision-making.

We faced a similar situation - the vehicle that ticked all our boxes but had 150k on it, or a handful of other vehicles that weren’t quite what we wanted with much lower mileage - all at a similar price.

We went for the higher mileage vehicle because we figured out who had owned it previously as a fleet vehicle and could see from the service manual that it had been thoroughly serviced by VW. It had done 30k miles a year BUT we know that our our mileage in our last van had been about 5k per year. So we reckoned that if we keep it for another five, then it would be the same mileage overall as a vehicle that had done 17.5k miles a year.

We’ve really bonded with the van and not looked back once because it’s exactly what we knew we needed from prior experience.

Good luck with the decision.

I would certainly hang out for the right spec and defo the DSG box, if this is what you want. Hang on more vans will come up for sale - We have a 70 plate T6.1 LWB DSG coming into stock tomorrow, but is obviously more than the numbers you are talking about above

Back