Adrian Flux trackers

Lotuscamper

H&S Manager
T6 Pro
I had purchased Adrian Flux insurance last week as it was apparently decent cover and the tracker they provided seemed a good solution to price of mind for security
The tracker arrived it a tiny flimsy basic 25mm square unit but after about 10 attempts to get it to come alive no luck . Informed Adrian Flux who got Tracker Co to ring me still no luck so they concluded it was defective unit and asked me to return it .
Adrian Flux contacted next day to ask for £93 for another tracker and only once it verified it’s defective will refund me £93 less £15 for admin costs
I think I will not be renewing with Adrian Flux as I paid up front for year

Just cancel it within 14 days policy. That tracker is v basic and not worth what they're asking for it, especially a defunct one

So annoyed that I paid up front I don’t know they will try and say it working I wouldn’t know and they charge me £93 more and that’s assuming the replacement tracker works too?

Which tracker is it? Any pics?
Sorry I posted it back but it was small 25mm square a tiny switch only accessible using a pin or micro screwdriver . A couple of tiny led status light and apparently battery lasting 2 years no recharge facility

as predicted Adrian Flux contacted me this week to say the returned tracker was deemed to be functional so I won’t get a refund ! I asked how did you determine this as when I was told by tracker Helpdesk that their efforts to get it working over the phone with me proved fruitless.
I asked AF how they can prove the unit was Not defective they said they can’t ! I then got cutoff the call possible signal loss ? Didn’t get a call back so called a few hours later myself, only to be told they looking into it and get back ?
Adrian Flux even tried to charge me for changing the reg number to private plates despite informing them at start of taking insurance and they said the charge would be waived
All in all I won’t be renewing with this bunch of s#######s again

Was this a security / stolen vehicle tracker or a version that monitors your driving standards / hours using the vehicle like given to new and young drivers?

Security tracker ! The working version we now discovered can be checked by going onto a website which we never were told about when we recieved the unit ?

How is it tracked? GPS, phone sim or connected to an app on your phone?

I’m intrigued as my son has a new driver tag in his car and despite being a named driver I refuse to drive it as I have to connect to an insurance app on my phone and I have to agree to leave my phone tracking on all the time. Which for me means I can be potentially tracked when not in his car.

Also my wife is seeking new insurance and some are being proposed with a tracker.

I have fitted a security tracker in my van but I don’t want an insurance provided tracker.

Last edited:
GPS I assume as fitting instructions specify to position it face up but it’s wrapped in a Velcro to stick to a surface
Like all devices I think it’s got ability to track position but also speed data hence I will never have anything in my lotus thankfully I been to get decent insurance without resorting to tracker install requirements

Is this some sort of new insurance scam or something? I got told today that to renew my insurance with just kampers (same company I believe) I would need a tracker then when I was provided a quote for with and without the £93 tracker (not s5 rated or anything) it turned out the cheapest policy was without the tracker but still 43% up on the price last year. I’m now looking at other options.

Security tracker ! The working version we now discovered can be checked by going onto a website which we never were told about when we recieved the unit ?

I think I have the same setup from AF, was "forced" into it as sick of spending literally hours phoning round for quotes. I wasn't aware either that I could check online. Do you have a link to the website please, either on here or via PM?

Regards

I think I have the same setup from AF, was "forced" into it as sick of spending literally hours phoning round for quotes. I wasn't aware either that I could check online. Do you have a link to the website please, either on here or via PM?

Regards
This is the rib with AF depending which tracker you have there’s no link but they say to log onto your insurance portal My Adrian Flux ! But when you go into this there’s no link as our tracker is Nano . So we have no idea if the tracker working ?
As I said I don’t think I will be renewing any of my cars or van with this unethical organisation.
It could be argued that all insurance companies are the same so it’s a case of finding a honest company ?

This is the rib with AF depending which tracker you have there’s no link but they say to log onto your insurance portal My Adrian Flux ! But when you go into this there’s no link as our tracker is Nano . So we have no idea if the tracker working ?
As I said I don’t think I will be renewing any of my cars or van with this unethical organisation.
It could be argued that all insurance companies are the same so it’s a case of finding a honest company ?

Thanks for your reply, insurance is a necessary evil but the companies have everything stitched up so tight now, you can see why some people don't bother. I literally spent at least a day on the phone earlier this year, it was the most painful time I've had in over 40 years arranging insurance and I don't expect next years renewal to be any better.
I used to deal with AF quite a bit years ago as I lived local to their headquarters and would go to visit, it was almost pleasant wrangling with the staff face to face who I got know to get a policy sorted out. Since covid tho the gates are locked and now you have to spend ages on the phone talking to some one working from home with little kids shouting in the back ground and who doesn't give a stuff whether you like their stupid quotes or not. ......and breathe!!

Not sure, have only read 1984 and Animal Farm. But his foresight was true SCI FI in my opinion.
But as a true geek that can't even use any of the crap on a phone, I am lost cause as to Vodaphone, O2 sales. It's their business to sell and my business to buy what I need.
If you want to help save the world for your grandchildren, then buy what you need and not what you want. Do you actually need a Ferrari, or a holiday in Thailand, when really you just need to recharge your batteries. A survey I recently read, said that 10% of a woman's wardrobe still has the price tags on. Another 10% have only been worn once, and the vast majority is seasonal, and is pressure sales by the likes of Vogue to buy the 'latest spring / autumn fashion. Bullshit. Thereby taking never worn clothing to a charity shop.
This forum isn't so far off, What have you watched today, what are you drinking tonight, it's a niche readership out of a huge membership.
Please place your damming and critical comments below, so that we can all enjoy the debate of life and BS

Back