AdBlue top-up issue (merge)

Hi T6Louis
Yes that’s the problem I’m getting but it’s not under warranty
650 to 6000 it does reset but I don’t trust it to go on a long journey just in case it doesn’t

Hi T6Louis
Yes that’s the problem I’m getting but it’s not under warranty
650 to 6000 it does reset but I don’t trust it to go on a long journey just in case it doesn’t
That was exactly our issues too, we’ve been going on holiday or on holiday when the lights come on and a long way from home, we simply couldn’t trust the vehicle or the dealers anymore.
Cancelled holidays to Europe this year because of it all, there’s clearly a major fault in some of these and with the evidence we amassed we finally got the result we deserved.
If it’s any help, the software updates made no difference for us, neither did replacing glow plugs or clearing the adblue systems or having VW carry out remap all under their recommendations and warranty.
I do hope you get sorted mate, it’s all really bloody stressful.

I think I’m going to get it deleted now just waiting for the light to come back on just in case it’s fixed

Document - VW Service Training, Self-study Programme 424: Exhaust Gas Aftertreatment System, Selective Catalytic Reduction, Design and Function - states the following:

The pump for reducing agent's tasks differ depending on the position to which the reversing valve is switched:
  • When the ignition is switched on and the operating conditions for the SCR system are met, the pump delivers the reducing agent from the tank to the injector at a pressure of approx. 5 bar.
  • When the diesel engine is switched off, it pumps the reducing agent out of the delivery line from the injector and back into the tank.
Thus, quite possible it's the same on T6 - AdBlue is drained at engine shut-off.

What does VCDS report for measurement value
IDE10241 Reducing agent pump module relative press.: calculated​
IDE10921 Reducing agent delivery pump: number of strokes​
It takes a few minutes driving before the pressure start to build up.
I see so there won’t be any adblue at the injector with out the engine running

Reactions: mmi
Apologies to jump in on this thread, I'm wondering what the future implications of adblue deletion might be - e.g. when selling must it be declared or could a potential buyer reinstate easily if they really wished to?

@Drew75
Any chance you could run/record the linked EGR test on your engine?

Apologies to jump in on this thread, I'm wondering what the future implications of adblue deletion might be - e.g. when selling must it be declared or could a potential buyer reinstate easily if they really wished to?
I’m guessing people with start checking to see if it’s been deleted or not

I’ve tried but typic vcds never works for me
it won’t even do the first one create block map
A5F59734-08CF-478D-8270-5FA3DB452942.jpeg

it won’t even do the first one create block map
Please ignore the blockmap for now. Your VCDS-cable is probably an older generation - which just can't handle the current protocol.
The actual test should work though.

On the picture you need to navigate to the folder where you downloaded the setting file (the prefs.u01 is the default).

I think you are stuck here - the file TEST_EGR_DPF....u01 needs to be found in the box below.
Did you remove the .PDF file extension (leave as .u01 extension)?
1688994647391.png

Instead of loading preset file could just tick the following:
1688994892498.png

I've tried just ticking the boxes but it doesn’t come up in the advertised measuring values any of the boxes I tick

I don’t think my vcds is working properly it won’t even access all the addresses on a auto scan

I've tried just ticking the boxes but it doesn’t come up in the advertised measuring values any of the boxes I tick
Sorry to hear that. I guess under Basic Settings it's the same limitation which prevents the VCDS-cable to create the blockmap file.

I don’t think my vcds is working properly it won’t even access all the addresses on a auto scan
Yes, not a good sign...

Instead of running the test in Basic Settings, can you make a log as follows

VCDS >Select > Engine > Adv. Meas. Values
- tick the 5 values mentioned earlier
- select Log, Start
- start the engine
- record for 30 seconds
- stop logging, etc.

The log file should be in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\...

I think it’s my laptop that’s playing up I’ve changed my device and it seems to be working

Reactions: mmi
Thanks for the log. Nothing obvious - DPF seems to be fairly clean for the mileage.

If you take the van for a drive perhaps you could make another log with the following values ticked

IDE00021 Engine RPM​
IDE00075 Vehicle speed​
IDE00347 Air mass: actual value:​
IDE04090 Exhaust temperature bank 1​
IDE07744 Particle filter: air pressure sensor 1 bank 1: raw value​
IDE07757 Exhaust recirc.valve 1 bank 1: posit.feedback - Actual value​
IDE09017 NOx sens.dwnstrm.SCR cat conv: NOx conc.​
IDE10241 Reducing agent pump module relative press.: calculated​
IDE11219 Reducing agent inj. quantity: spec. value​

Would like to see the "effectiveness" of injected AdBlue vs. NOx emissions.

Please note - for a proper log need to keep engine running at least 30 minutes (preferably start/stop turned off) because NOx sensor needs 10-15 minutes (from cold) to activate and give meaningful values.

Would expect to see something like these

Back