The same old faults
Code:
33262 - Reductant System Performance Bank 1
          P204F 00 [100] - Malfunction
          Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

31103 - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1
          P20EE 00 [100] - Efficiency too Low
          Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

And also the same old discrepancy in AdBlue range between engine and dash display.
Level sensor shows correct value.
Code:
Address 01: Engine  (04L 906 056 KG)
15:12:09
  IDE03142   Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency 9432.300 km
  IDE10249   Reducing agent fill level sensor: act. value 118 mm

Address 17: Instruments  (7E0 920 970 S)
15:14:32
  IDE00778   Urea operating range 600 km

I guess the next step would be to inspect the AdBlue injector - spray pattern and actual injected amount.

Hi so I’ve put about 600 miles on the van the adblue counter went down to 6000 miles now it’s just flashed up 650 miles warning today so it’s not fixed where do I go now with ? Might buy a ford ?
Hi Drew75

my 2018 had the exactly the same problem. I rang VW and requested a software update but they said I would need to have a diagnostic £99 first and the next slot was in 3 weeks!

I rang my vow independent garage I use (who predicted the above) and they are normally quite straight about things but he said the adblue system was shit and the best option was to code it out. He gave me a number of a local garage and £200 later, no issues and also no future Adeluxe top up with additive etc.

A friend has a landrover and has spent £2000 on fixing the same issue.

hope this helps

Rob

Hi thanks for your reply good advice I think that’s where I’m going I’ve spent £400 so far and it’s still the same problem
But Vw did say bring it back if the warning light comes back so I will take it back once more as I’ve paid them to fix it
When a map out
Have you had any issues with it being mapped out so far ?
Thanks

Have you found the mpg the same with it mapped out
Cos when the 650 warning ⚠️ light on it drinks diesel like I drink beer on a weekend by the barrel

Hi there.

I think I'm having the same issue. Have a 2018 lwb hline. Done 68k ish. I've owned it for the last couple of years where I've used it as a work van, fairly low milage, small trips. Change of circumstances means that I now have a work van from my employer so I decided to do a kombi conversion of sorts (about 2 months ago) and use as family vehicle (need 4 seats min).
Shortly after I had kombi conv done we took it on a long journey over a weekend and had engine light on the return journey. No idea what it was but van felt ok and managed to get home.
Took to my local garage and after a bit of investigation they said it was to do with emissions and did a software update which they said slightly increased the amount of adblue used. Spent about 220 but after having researched on here what it could have been I was cautiously pleased with that if it fixed the issue. Seemed to be fine over the next couple of weeks.
Then we took it on a mammoth drive to italy 2400 miles total and I had the engine light come on again in the last 30 miles! However, before that, about 300 miles from the end it did the '650 miles adblue remaining' notification which I've never seen before and shortly after corrected itself to 4000 miles. I'm assuming the 2 are connected after having read about some stuff here.
Really annoying as I thought I'd dealt with it. I guess back to the garage again although I'm not really sure what they'll be able to do if what they did before hasn't solved it.
Anyone managed to definitively solve this?

Hi sounds very similar to my problem I agree I wish I could find someone that’s fixed this problem
I don’t even trust my van going to get the weekly shop let alone a road trip across Europe
I want my t5.1 back the most reliable car I’ve ever had

Got home earlier then wife got in van to drive off but a warning appeared, I can’t remember entirely but along the lines of …..Adblue **** range to stop 650 miles.

I misread and tried topping up Adblue but barely got a litre in and seemed to be spilling over, I didn’t push that action any further as aware of overfilling issues. The van now says Adblue range 600 and still shows eml and amber triangle . Van has only done 5200 miles . Adblue low or Adblue fault? Mostly short journeys but with long 200+ mile journeys for camping last couple months so I don’t see dpf
issue yet. Any thoughts?

7fe69fd0-6fe3-42f4-95a9-3d4d8ba482c5.jpeg

f506020d-d0f8-4927-b41c-871a4c99acaf.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mmi
What's the engine code? It's on the configuration sticker under dash. E.g. something similar to CXFA, CXEC, DNAA, DNAB,...

Booked in with dealer at earliest a week this coming Monday on 26th.

Details say CXHC engine code
A kind of surprised to still see the fault on MFD = the fill up+tool symbol and range without the fill amount. Also the emsssion light caught my eye.
Booked in with dealer at earliest a week this coming Monday on 26th.
Please keep us updated. Especially interesting would be to see the fault codes.

A kind of surprised to still see the fault on MFD = the fill up+tool symbol and range without the fill amount. Also the emsssion light caught my eye.

Please keep us updated. Especially interesting would be to see the fault codes.
IMG_2785.jpegIMG_2785.jpeg
My paperwork from a breakdown this week also showing the same dash lights and symbols

• Sad
Reactions: MrD
What’s outstanding campaign 23er
IMG_2810.jpeg
I spoke with VW on collection it’s all to do with ad blue and fuel mix emissions
By the sound of things even thou she would not put it writing its to do with the emissions and the way the van is set up ?
Sounds a little bit suspicious to me
Haven’t noticed any performance differences so that’s good for now
The paper attached was for the sensor replacement getting rid of the light on the dash

Reactions: MrD
Back