Adblue Pumps

Do they have adblue pumps alongside the regular petrol and diesel pumps?.

Do they have adblue pumps alongside the regular petrol and diesel pumps?.
Not seen them yet, usually at the HGV pump. We filled up in Spain last year & they had adblue pumps with the “little boys” pumps, so it may happen.

Nearest one to me is the petrol station at Milton but you have to go around to the HGV side to fill. The first time I filled up was with a 10 ltr conainer I bought from Tesco.

Usually fill mine when the mfd pings think it’s usually 1500 miles, then normally put 9 litres in ;)

Think there's something to be said for a routine like this. If the quantity falls within the min and max amounts on the MFD. Why temp fate, if you know you can do this without it causing an issue.

My routine now, is to add a ten litres of Quantum Adblue when the range falls between 1300 and 1500 miles. (I did once add 10 litres from a Shell forecourt pump). Photograph the MFD display showing the mileage and the min/max amounts. Might be handy if you need to evidence and fight your corner at a dealers in the event if a fault. With 1300 miles of Adblue left, my theory is this is enough to keep sloshing about in the tank to prevent or re dissolve any crystallization of Adblue on the sensor. (Not scientific by any means, just a donkey theory). Finally, 1300 miles is sufficient if I've to drive to the other end of the country in the event of a family emergency, without having to bugger about sourcing or adding Adblue.

Last edited:
But you can drown the sensor, then the van throws adblue faults.
I thought that was the opbect of the sensor that it is drowned in the liquid so it can read the level, might as well have dipstick if the sensor is that fragile
@Fish when I filled up I did not get much chance to check the amount it gets blasted in very quick, 2 gallons is nothing compaired to how much goes in a HGV tank

My adblue message is still at 3500miles but I'm getting paranoid reading this thread so I downloaded the findadblue app and thought I'd look for nearby pumps... :rofl:
From MK, Hayes is the nearest.
From Birkenhead, Oswestry is nearest. :eek:
There doesn't seem to be too much concern over keeping these vehicles going!
Luckily most Shell stations seem to sell 5ltr or less in bottles.
So, 1 gallon is 4.54 ltrs, so if your max fill is 1g, will the last ½ltr go off? Presume that's a write off in the scheme of things. Can you throw it, or does it need to be chemically disposed of? Which can be a PITA.
Or can you add it in later if it doesn't go off?

My adblue message is still at 3500miles but I'm getting paranoid reading this thread so I downloaded the findadblue app and thought I'd look for nearby pumps... :rofl:
From MK, Hayes is the nearest.
From Birkenhead, Oswestry is nearest. :eek:
There doesn't seem to be too much concern over keeping these vehicles going!
Luckily most Shell stations seem to sell 5ltr or less in bottles.
So, 1 gallon is 4.54 ltrs, so if your max fill is 1g, will the last ½ltr go off? Presume that's a write off in the scheme of things. Can you throw it, or does it need to be chemically disposed of? Which can be a PITA.
Or can you add it in later if it doesn't go off?

It will keep for a while if you seal the container, keep it out of sunlight, and stop it freezing.

I’m not saying it’s right, but I left mine on 0.75gal - 1.0gal for a while, and then put 5 litres in. Whilst I know it’s more than a gallon, my thinking was that it would be soon due to tick over to the next increment, so there must be some space in the tank.

Back