AUTOTERM Air 2D Silent metering pump - Any good?

Qnapper

HODOPHILE
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Having been away for the past few days and it being cold inland Spain, we used the AUTOTERM Air 2D heater with a vengeance. The wife was not happy with the "tick tick" noise during the night, whilst I can live with it.
In one of the overnight park ups, the chap in the next van (about 3 metres 10 feet) away next morning stated the ticking get on his nerves !!.
I have been under the van this morning and the pump looks OK (fitted by converter when we bought it) having the rubber mount between the pump and where it's bolted on. tick tick is noisey in garage.
My question is does anyone here own same night heater and if so have you fitted the Silent metering fuel pump TH-11 as supplied by Autoterm?
Link:
A lot of money, but if someone on here can say "yep it works a treat" I will order it and fit.

I swapped my pump for the silent version and it is much better. I can hear it on start up but it settles quickly. It’s not silent but much quieter.

I swapped my pump for the silent version and it is much better. I can hear it on start up but it settles quickly. It’s not silent but much quieter.
Startup is fine, what about whilst in bed, can you still here is when the ticking slows down? Thanks for reply.

UPDATE: Fitted the AUTOTERM Air 2D Silent metering pump (ordered direct and took 4 days to arrive) and went away for a few days off grid. I have to say 100% quieter and as stated by Higgidav the air blowing out the vent on the floor makes more noise. In a very quiet street in the middle of a little Spanish village (next to police station) we parked up (roof down) had tea put heater on at 8pm as it was a chilly 10C went for a walk and on return could only just hear the heater, but no pump noise until I bent down to listen under the van. The cat by the way loves the heater............
Is it worth it??????? I think so, but other may have other ideas.

I have ordered the new controller, which will arrive tomorrow (in another thread)

UPDATE: The Digital control panel Comfort Control Autoterm and as advised it was a straight swap removed the old PU27 and connected the new controller. It FAILED to work!!!!!!!! does not even light up!!!!!
I reconnected old PU27 and checked firmware and works ok.... Anyone help?

IMG_1539.jpeg
New controller connected above nothing!!!!!!
IMG_1542.jpeg
Old controller connected and as you can see below boots up and works!
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1544.jpeg

All sorted. It was a case of RTFM..................... I needed to kill all power from the battery, leave it for 30/60 seconds and it all fired up (So happy)

IMG_1546.jpeg
Now just have to read the rest of the manual :cool:

Last edited:
Back