Acc Strange Gear Selection

Tweekaz

My 2016 LWB T6 2.0TDI 4M DSG has recently started a new «fun game»...

I set the ACC to wanted max speed, and when I come to a little slope where the car usually downshifts, it dont. It keeps at the highest gear, loosing speed for about 5-10km/h before it downshifts ONE gear. I’ve tried all the «settings» in the instruments for the ACC; Sport, Normal and Eco, no change.

I have access to VCDS, and may give information from there if needed.

Someone knows a fix? :)

My 2016 LWB T6 2.0TDI 4M DSG has recently started a new «fun game»...

I set the ACC to wanted max speed, and when I come to a little slope where the car usually downshifts, it dont. It keeps at the highest gear, loosing speed for about 5-10km/h before it downshifts ONE gear. I’ve tried all the «settings» in the instruments for the ACC; Sport, Normal and Eco, no change.

I have access to VCDS, and may give information from there if needed.

Someone knows a fix? :)
That’s how mine behaves, I thought it was normal. If I’m going down a long hill, it has always slightly annoyed me that it uses the brakes rather than shifting down. I usually knock it into manual & downshift.

That’s how mine behaves, I thought it was normal. If I’m going down a long hill, it has always slightly annoyed me that it uses the brakes rather than shifting down. I usually knock it into manual & downshift.

I see that i may have explained my problem a bit wrong;

i have the problems Uphill :p

A bit curious here... Has it been serviced at VW recently? Has the engine software been updated this year?

Anyways, interested to see VCDS Auto-Scan. Even better if you could pull out also "Advanced ID" from controllers 01-Engine, 02-Auto-Trans, 13-Auto Dist. Reg., 22-AWD.

I don't actually recall my 204 ever downshifting with the ACC set, but than i'm wondering if the explanation is simple.
Other than the obvious grunt of a 204, I don't think I've ever been on a road where ACC is used and the climb is such that it would demand a gear change at a set speed. I haven't as yet been to Norway, but i'm assuming your roads have more extreme gradual inclines than the UK?

Back