Home of the first custom underseat sub enclosures for T4/5/6

01980 624740

Www.Absolut5.co.uk

Unit 10/11 Millsway Centre
Amesbury
Wilts
SP4 7AU

View attachment 107102
Is the roof carpet? We are looking to lighten up our van by changing the roof carpet to lighter colour

Just to add some visual context into what I was saying RE colours... this is an example on another conversion of the 'silver' carpet I was originally thinking, but wonder if using brushed nylon from MVM on all of this visible underside would make it blend in really well with the OEM headlining at the front... Decisions decisions!
...now i'm just thinking it might not be worth the faff of ordering the MVM stuff, and just stick with this! Looks pretty good and nice and light at least!
View attachment 106363

That’s a HiLo right? Looks better finished than mine around the internal ceiling frame, who fitted yours?

That’s a HiLo right? Looks better finished than mine around the internal ceiling frame, who fitted yours?
Yep - that's a HiLo but not actually mine - just another van that the same company did. Mine is currently with Jason at Jaibow at the moment for HiLo install. Planning to try and do a full review when I get the van back and can take some photos etc. I've been thoroughly impressed by Jaibow's work and attention to detail. Spot on so far! Can't wait to have the HiLo ready for when lockdown ends!!

Yep - that's a HiLo but not actually mine - just another van that the same company did. Mine is currently with Jason at Jaibow at the moment for HiLo install. Planning to try and do a full review when I get the van back and can take some photos etc. I've been thoroughly impressed by Jaibow's work and attention to detail. Spot on so far! Can't wait to have the HiLo ready for when lockdown ends!!

I was very pleased with my install, but the last 2% of finishing details on mine is a bit rough, that looks excellent on yours.

Might give them a call and see how I could try and tidy up my couple of issues.

I was very pleased with my install, but the last 2% of finishing details on mine is a bit rough, that looks excellent on yours.

Might give them a call and see how I could try and tidy up my couple of issues.
I’ve been to Jaibow a few times. He is a nice guy and from what I have seen his work is first class.

Yes it’s a long way. But is rpthat fuel cost significant compared to the cost of a Hilo for a spot on finish?

A bit too far, but I see there’s a HiLo fitter about an hour away now, might nip down and say hi and see what they think. I could do the finishing myself, just need a couple of pointers.

@Insert Coin - to be fair - I bet @Absolut5 would be a great shout if you did need some re trimming.

Actually yes, that’s a good point, they did my Ice install and their work is excellent for sure.

My worst issue is that there’s a big wiring loom at the rear of the van and although the metal framework for the roof is square, the trim around the edge at the rear is wonky due to the loom. I don’t know why I’ve only just noticed it, the roof was fitted two years ago. :rolleyes:

I’ll definitely get it looked at when lockdown is over and I can talk to someone without looking like Bane.

Actually yes, that’s a good point, they did my Ice install and their work is excellent for sure.

My worst issue is that there’s a big wiring loom at the rear of the van and although the metal framework for the roof is square, the trim around the edge at the rear is wonky due to the loom. I don’t know why I’ve only just noticed it, the roof was fitted two years ago. :rolleyes:

I’ll definitely get it looked at when lockdown is over and I can talk to someone without looking like Bane.

This is REALLY interesting that you say this. Jason from Jaibow contacted me on Friday as he was having to do a bit of bespoke work due to the hefty wiring loom (partly down to some 240 sockets at the rear) and therefore he’s adapting the HiLo roof boards to make it fit neatly. Sounds like exactly what you’re saying...
...- I’m confident that @Absolut5 would be able to do the same thing having used him myself. I’ll try and stick some pics up when mine is done.

Last edited:
This is REALLY interesting that you say this. Jason from Jaibow contacted me on Friday as he was having to do a bit of bespoke work due to the hefty wiring look (partly down to some 240 sockets at the rear) and therefore he’s adapting the HiLo starboard boards to make it fit neatly. Sounds like exactly what you’re saying...
...- I’m confident that @Absolut5 would be able to do the same thing having used him myself. I’ll try and stick some pics up when mine is done.

I’ll grab a photo of mine tomorrow and you’ll see what my issues are and hopefully yours won’t have them.

We did this a while ago, made up new surrounds added mood lighting hide the cable run better and allowed us to make it look flat.

View attachment 108471

That looks great, I think with mine you’ll be able to make good with what’s already there, it’s only the rear section that needs tweaking. I’ll get some photo’s today.

Absolut5 fitting HiLo roofs would be a great string to your bow. :cool:

Back