A Few Exterior Light Changes

Barley53

T6 Pro
Hi all, I've changed a few bulbs on my 19 T6 Transporter, hope this is of some use. Caveat is that the changes have only been in for a couple of weeks so can't comment on longevity but so far so good.

* Full LED headlight plug and play from Travelin-Lite, indicators led but not sequential, dipped spread nothing like as good as factory fits but worlds better than the standard H4's, the full beam is amazing and the drl's are the closest to the factory fit that I've seen (and push a bit, I got £50 knocked off the price). Bonnet off job;
VW T6 DRL Headlights (Full LED bulbs)

20190606_230519.jpg

* LED reverse lights white to replace the P21W, plugged in, no errors, nice bright light;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01LCN5Z0I?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

20190606_230857.jpg

* I struggled to find rear LED indicators to replace the WY16W, ordered these, very bright but NOT error free as claimed, caused hyperblink (the light blink was fine, just a hyperblink on the dash). I moaned to the company and they sent out four 50w resistors, 2 fitted all working fine, really bright with a long throw;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072SCT6K4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

* Rear LED red brake/running light from Auto Bulbs Direct to replace the P21W, this is already a pretty bright bulb but I fancied the led so replaced, looks sharper imo and no errors:

380 Twenty20 Cree LED 12V P21/5W Canbus Bayonet Bulb

* I wanted to replace the four W5W rear running lights with LED's so I bought these in white. These did NOT work for me;

501 Twenty20 Cree LED 12V W5W Canbus Wedge Bulb

Good bulbs and no errors, but I found them 'pinker' than the bulbs I was replacing so I took them out. There's a non-cree version available in red that I might try

* I also bought the official VW internal led bulbs advertised on this forum and although they're too bright for my tastes they work error-free.

..I struggled to find rear LED indicators to replace the WY16W, ordered these, very bright but NOT error free as claimed, caused hyperblink (the light blink was fine, just a hyperblink on the dash). I moaned to the company and they sent out four 50w resistors, 2 fitted all working fine, really bright with a long throw;

Cheers for posting - I was considering buying LED indicator repeaters but didn’t believe any of the ‘canbus friendly’ claims.
I wonder if the BCM could be coded to accept them and not hyperblink up at the dashboard?

Cheers for posting - I was considering buying LED indicator repeaters but didn’t believe any of the ‘canbus friendly’ claims.
I wonder if the BCM could be coded to accept them and not hyperblink up at the dashboard?
The side repeaters are not monitored

I’ve got a Scenelight LED unit mounted under the rear bumper, it’s the dogs knob of reversing lights almost like having a dipped beam on the back. It doesn't dazzle as it’s mounted so low.

Back