5 digit number-plate sizing

MikeT6

Team Candy White
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening All,

I’m contemplating purchasing a ‘T6’ 5 digit plate registration for my van.

Those that have these already, did you go for custom sized plates and if so what size please?

I’m looking to shorten them but not decrease the height of the plate.

Anyone got any pics fitted front and rear?

Mine will be going on my tailgate so interested to know size due to bolt positions.

Cheers!

Evening All,

I’m contemplating purchasing a ‘T6’ 5 digit plate registration for my van.

Those that have these already, did you go for custom sized plates and if so what size please?

I’m looking to shorten them but not decrease the height of the plate.

Anyone got any pics fitted front and rear?

Mine will be going on my tailgate so interested to know size due to bolt positions.

Cheers!
I have a 6 digit plate. I got a ‘narrower’ plate, for the rear (tailgate) from Plates For Cars. Thay have a visualiser on their website. They have a variety of plate sizes. So enter your numb/letters and tinker with the sizes. My front is standard size, due to the bumper plinth, and the supplying dealer drilling the plates at the outside edge

I wouldn't bother on the van, both the front and rear have the plinth and the space for a full size plate, I'd imagine it would just look a bit odd?

Get one with the gb flag so when you go abroad you don't have to put a sticker on your van :thumbsup:

I wouldn't bother on the van, both the front and rear have the plinth and the space for a full size plate, I'd imagine it would just look a bit odd?

Get one with the gb flag so when you go abroad you don't have to put a sticker on your van :thumbsup:
Front has a plinth. Rear doesn’t.

From September you have to put a UK sticker over the GB sticker if heading for Europe.

Agreed, on the tailgate, but I think it looks a bit weird on the front.
Yeah I agree too. Im not sure what to do, my number plate holder is broken so I'm going to stick on the plate instead now but don't know whether to stick with normal size all round or add the shorter one to the rear. o_O

Yeah I agree too. Im not sure what to do, my number plate holder is broken so I'm going to stick on the plate instead now but don't know whether to stick with normal size all round or add the shorter one to the rear. o_O
Normal front, shorter rear, I think.

Just to clarify the requirements for GB stickers & flags on number plates when traveling abroad.

I bought 6digit shortened 4d plates today, they look clean

Back