Shaped Number-Plate for tailgate

VWSAWKS

Crafter
T6 Pro
Hi all,

I'm looking for some help from an owner, I would like to know the measurements between the two blue lines I've made on the picture below as I haven't taken delivery yet of my 6.1 (not due until December) and I've purchased a private number plate that would look better with a square ish import style number plate. Also how far apart are the screw holes behind the plate because if I'm shortening the plate to around 12 inches wide are the factory screw holes going to be visible?

Thanks to anyone who would like to accept this mission!! :)
Screenshot_20210720-215223_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20210720-215844_eBay.jpg

So, between the screws is 272mm to centres on mine, and depth of the section between the blue lines is 198mm.

But the screws should be less of a concern as you could always use adhesive tabs, which what my current plates are fixed with. Works perfectly well.

I think the hole positions are more to do with the shorter plate still covering them.

Perfect guys, thank you. Yes I'll be using double sided tape so as dubber36 says it's just so there not visible with a shorter plate.
Thanks again.

06853E5E-4CA3-436E-B1E4-BE2EE6127072.jpegI saw a T6 tailgate fitted with a shaped rear number plate similar to this one. It was less curved, seemed to match the trapezoid shape of the recess in the tailgate and seemed to be the same size as a standard plate.

Shaped plates seem to be available for other vehicles, but I can’t find one for a T6 tailgate.

Does anyone know of a supplier?

View attachment 132664I saw a T6 tailgate fitted with a shaped rear number plate similar to this one. It was less curved, seemed to match the trapezoid shape of the recess in the tailgate and seemed to be the same size as a standard plate.

Shaped plates seem to be available for other vehicles, but I can’t find one for a T6 tailgate.

Does anyone know of a supplier?
If my memory serves me correctly this style / shape of plate was actually fitted as standard to rear of the Rover 75 when it first came out, giving it a bit of an unusual appearance from the rear.

1633881114455.png

If you google Rover 75 rear registration plate there are companies that can supply them, such as;

I've looked at the rules on number plates and can't see any that should prevent you from fitting something like that.

If my memory serves me correctly this style / shape of plate was actually fitted as standard to rear of the Rover 75 when it first came out, giving it a bit of an unusual appearance from the rear.

View attachment 132701

If you google Rover 75 rear registration plate there are companies that can supply them, such as;

I've looked at the rules on number plates and can't see any that should prevent you from fitting something like that.
Thanks @DaveD These are helpful links and got me looking elsewhere. It may be a Range Rover Velar or Ford Focus plate because it didn’t fill the whole recess. I will check the side angles to see how close they follow the ones on the tailgate.

C90CD630-1748-4448-98BB-974CE5663123.jpeg

Back