4x4 Crafter or...

To confirm it is indeed 100mm/10cm floor height you lose on the 4x4.
I looked at the Iveco 4x4, Has anyone actually seen the price of it? Your soon change your mind..... Proper 4x4 system though
Yes expensive but a fully specced up crafter 4mo is similar in price and it doesn't come with the suspension and tyres etc?

New sprinter 4x4 should be coming soon as well, some details on the merc van site

To confirm it is indeed 100mm/10cm floor height you lose on the 4x4.
I looked at the Iveco 4x4, Has anyone actually seen the price of it? Your soon change your mind..... Proper 4x4 system though
Out of interest, what prices are you seeing over there for the Iveco?

They haven't announced any pricing over here yet, it may turn out that we may don't receive the Van 4x4 as they can't keep up the demand with just the Cab Chassis here

Out of interest, what prices are you seeing over there for the Iveco?

They haven't announced any pricing over here yet, it may turn out that we may don't receive the Van 4x4 as they can't keep up the demand with just the Cab Chassis here
£70k when I enquired here in the UK. Over a crafter at £50k. It really depends what your doing as the Iveco is the way to go if you are planning 4x4 trips. Otherwise the 4mo with difflock will be fine for a lot less.

£70k when I enquired here in the UK. Over a crafter at £50k. It really depends what your doing as the Iveco is the way to go if you are planning 4x4 trips. Otherwise the 4mo with difflock will be fine for a lot less.
that sounds about right, I’m expecting the Daily to be around 120-130k AUD and a fully spec’d 4Motion is just over 90K AUD. it’s still a big difference between them

we are planning for mostly 4X4 travel, our current T6 with Seikel lift kit has been awesome, but need more ground clearance for rivers, creeks and desert sand.

it’s a shame VW or MB didn’t offer a OEM large wheel package

that sounds about right, I’m expecting the Daily to be around 120-130k AUD and a fully spec’d 4Motion is just over 90K AUD. it’s still a big difference between them

we are planning for mostly 4X4 travel, our current T6 with Seikel lift kit has been awesome, but need more ground clearance for rivers, creeks and desert sand.

it’s a shame VW or MB didn’t offer a OEM large wheel package
You would need it more then we would over here in the UK so I would opt Iveco or if the new Merc is a well specced machine.

I've just specced one again, I can't get a MWB 4 motion for less than 60k specced to the same as a T6 highline + Led headlights, swivels and diff lock.

Then it needs getting on for 5k in suspension wheels and tyres and it still missing 2 diff locks, no low range or high range etc etc

Thats what's bugging me anyway...

Ok can't work out how to spec a TGE but have found an up to date price list, prices look about 1k cheaper than a similar crafter but the options do look slightly cheaper... The main thing is you can get a 6sp manual which saves another 2k.

Probably without adding all the options up I'd imagine there's possibly a 4-5k saving which is not to be sniffed at... Seems like a good option :thumbsup:

I've just specced one again, I can't get a MWB 4 motion for less than 60k specced to the same as a T6 highline + Led headlights, swivels and diff lock.

Then it needs getting on for 5k in suspension wheels and tyres and it still missing 2 diff locks, no low range or high range etc etc

Thats what's bugging me anyway...

At least it has a Rear Diff Lock option, Low range would be great to have.

The major problem with the MWB Crafter with a 3.88 ton GVM is that i haven't been able to find any decent AT tires for the 121 load rating and are a legal size to fit over here.

Another option you could look at is the Torsus Terrastorm.

It is a MAN ? Crafter that is adapted in eastern europe with Bigger tyres and High Lift suspension, you can also add the VW factory options to your build.

I don't know pricing, we have a local 4x4 convertor looking at maybe importing these to Australia

VW Crafter / MAN TGE as Torsus Terrastorm with high demands!

Ok can't work out how to spec a TGE but have found an up to date price list, prices look about 1k cheaper than a similar crafter but the options do look slightly cheaper... The main thing is you can get a 6sp manual which saves another 2k.

Probably without adding all the options up I'd imagine there's possibly a 4-5k saving which is not to be sniffed at... Seems like a good option :thumbsup:
I looked at the Man but then a crafter popped up so I grabbed it. The worry that I have is the Man customer service is amazing right now but when all the tge's get delivered that are still delayed will they up their staff levels at all the dealers of will the service drop, we shall see over the coming year on the groups I guess, hopefully they up their levels to meet demand.
You will get a bigger % off a Man. VW had/ may still have a deposit contribution though which if they do, your not far off the Man prices so worth asking about it. Either one you go with there is a big delay in orders, I think its almost 12 months now from what I was reading??

Hi,
I have just built or nearly finished a Crafter 4 motion mwb, yes the 100mm is a pain as by the time you insulate the roof and then build up the floor levelk to a decent insulation value you dont have a lot of roof hieght to play with, i am 5' 9" so it is ok, but if your 6' then forget it unless you skimp on the insulation.

The other issues are external grey waste tanks, you have to have a bespoke one made to fit in the limited space on the drivers side under the sill NAW fabrications made mein and give good advice.

If you fit out a mwb the side pods area must, although i can sleep lengthays due to moving my shower toilet forward, however i do not have a twin seat and table at the front behind the drivers seat, so i use the drivers / passengers seat swivel, which also cuases and issue as the hand brake is higher due to the floor level so i have had to fit an electronic hand brake switch on the dash.

With the Merc you wont have the issues on floor hieght as it is a higher ride, were as VW took the wierd aproach to higher the floor hieght and not increase ground clearance, mad still thats the VW way "if its worth doing, its worth doing in a totaly mad way, rather than follow logic".

Hi,
I have just built or nearly finished a Crafter 4 motion mwb, yes the 100mm is a pain as by the time you insulate the roof and then build up the floor levelk to a decent insulation value you dont have a lot of roof hieght to play with, i am 5' 9" so it is ok, but if your 6' then forget it unless you skimp on the insulation.

The other issues are external grey waste tanks, you have to have a bespoke one made to fit in the limited space on the drivers side under the sill NAW fabrications made mein and give good advice.

If you fit out a mwb the side pods area must, although i can sleep lengthays due to moving my shower toilet forward, however i do not have a twin seat and table at the front behind the drivers seat, so i use the drivers / passengers seat swivel, which also cuases and issue as the hand brake is higher due to the floor level so i have had to fit an electronic hand brake switch on the dash.

With the Merc you wont have the issues on floor hieght as it is a higher ride, were as VW took the wierd aproach to higher the floor hieght and not increase ground clearance, mad still thats the VW way "if its worth doing, its worth doing in a totaly mad way, rather than follow logic".

Can you please post photos of your finished van?

I was looking at Sprinter / Crafter 4x4 vans before I went for my T6

Back