Stolen ignition barrel

Storu

Good morning peoples,
Need your kind advice, some 1 stolen the ignition barrel from my 2017 vw crafter van, i have asked 3-4 mechanics/auto locksmiths but no 1 have the idea how to program if i get a part from vw even. Any solutions for that,
The 2nd problem is the steering wheel is locked and the recovery truck cannot load it as it parked in a narrow garage,
I need some adive and suggestions

Can’t see why anyone would steal an ignition barrel, sounds like a failed attempt to steal the van

If you were to buy a new lock barrel, won't it just click into place using the wire through the hole method and you'd then be able to unlock the steering lock?

It begs the question, how? As they need the key to remove the lock barrel .

Follow the procedures below to remove the lock by drilling out the sheer bolts.
as it is quite difficult, I would suggest removing the ball joints of the track rod ends from the hubs and steer the front wheels by hand to get the van on the truck.
View attachment 140215
View attachment 140214View attachment 140213
Thank you for your input, yes it looks quite complicated to remove the steering lock.

I would have thought the recoverist would have a jack and wheel dollies.
Yes but my van is parked inside the car park of flats, and the access is too narrow, the recovery truck cannot drive inside, the estate.

Can’t see why anyone would steal an ignition barrel, sounds like a failed attempt to steal the van
Yes thats what the mechinics said, that they nick your ignition barrel first then comes back with a programed key with barrel to drive it away.

722D7DC5-0C78-4EB8-9C8B-5D658FF9AB2C.jpeg

1E146721-B839-4BFF-BBCD-F34E6B0E5CE8.jpeg

6F3ECAF2-3494-4244-8D2C-64BD2136B312.jpeg

If you were to buy a new lock barrel, won't it just click into place using the wire through the hole method and you'd then be able to unlock the steering lock?
The issue is if i get the part from vw dealership, first it cost £700/- (ignition barrel) but that part wont fix the issue as it would need to program it with ecu, which is another complicated job and only vw dealership will b able todoit.
The issue is how to recover the van from inside the parking garage to get it to the dealership, as the space is very tight and recovery truck cannot go inside.

Or someone trying to get the info how to steal one
, i have attached the picture, not getting info for how to steal 1

41BFDD6E-51AE-4A2B-B20B-DB9F7961319D.jpeg

2017 vw crafter van ?
Yes 2017 vw crafter LWB 3.5 ton luton box van, uk model

the Crafter has a different setup and system to the T6 Transporter afaik.

we have a Crafter section over here >>

Thread moved

definatly different .. . .

looks like it has an ECU as part of the imob system.

nothing like the T6

1641128222123.png

The issue is how to recover the van from inside the parking garage to get it to the dealership, as the space is very tight and recovery truck cannot go inside.
Either remove the steering lock with the van in situ then tow the van out with a car or put a wheel dolly under each front wheel and push it out, or tow it with a car.

Reactions: DXX
You might be better looking if there's a MB Sprinter forum as that's basically the same van as thet model of Crafter.

Back