4 year clutch?

Still going along here - Phone call from VW yesterday saying the parts would not be in until 17th January so now I am going to get it done at a local garage. I've complained to VW Head Office and they have been next to useless. They have now referred me to the The Motor Ombudsman, a CTSI certified Alternative Dispute Resolution.

Is it worth it? I'm not sure I can be bothered.

What IU do know is that the VW Executive Customer Relations Manager (I'll not name him) - is a waste of time and just kept passing me back to the garage for a resolution.

Gareth

Still going along here - Phone call from VW yesterday saying the parts would not be in until 17th January so now I am going to get it done at a local garage. I've complained to VW Head Office and they have been next to useless. They have now referred me to the The Motor Ombudsman, a CTSI certified Alternative Dispute Resolution.

Is it worth it? I'm not sure I can be bothered.

What IU do know is that the VW Executive Customer Relations Manager (I'll not name him) - is a waste of time and just kept passing me back to the garage for a resolution.

Gareth
Hey Gareth, so the parts are dealer only but you can get aftermarket easily enough. if your having problems getting a cylindrical secondary cylinder and release bearing I have one sitting here that is the same as the one I put into my van, rather than send back for a refund I can send onto you.. Regardign the clutch parts , eurocarparts mate. there is DMF and Clutch assy there.

Hiya @Mupp3tt - thanks for reaching out with this. If it all gets any worse and the local garage cannot get stuff then I will come back to you. Really appreciate the thought. It's a real shame I have to go aftermarket and that a main dealer cannot source parts.

Gareth

Definitely, customer apathy is a major contributor as to why the UK motor industry often treats us with contempt.
Just started the process @DXX but halfway through realise I need a load of details. I'll get it done when I get home.

Thanks for the support and the push,

Gareth

Reactions: DXX
Hiya @Mupp3tt - thanks for reaching out with this. If it all gets any worse and the local garage cannot get stuff then I will come back to you. Really appreciate the thought. It's a real shame I have to go aftermarket and that a main dealer cannot source parts.

Gareth

Just remember, there are few manufacturers out there that make original parts in the industry. Likelihood is the aftermarket parts are made in the same place as the VW OEM..... just don't get cheap parts .... get the right parts ...

Update time - still no clutch. It has now given up the ghost and the van is off the road. I'll have to get the AA over to get it over to the garage.

Update on the local dealer side - I spoke to a garage in Gorseinon and they cannot get the parts either. From what I have been told only some of the parts have been released into the general aftermarket arena with some parts being dealer only. I am not a car person so I have to take what I am told as gospel.

Anyway - at a loss as to where next. The van is meant to go in on 10th February for a full camper conversion. We have plans to drive the NC500 over Easter and over to Europe during the school Summer hols. All plans are being take forward but it's getting worrying.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Gareth

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Just started the process @DXX but halfway through realise I need a load of details. I'll get it done when I get home.

Thanks for the support and the push,

Gareth

The Motor Obudsman now has all the files and have said they can take the case forward. They asked me what resolution did I want? I just want a clutch. However it is now getting to the point where I want more for the stress this is causing. I don't like causing aggro but some sort of compensation would be handy.

I'm also now chasing up the MD of Sinclair Vans. There were another two complaints on top of the parts issue - but no response since September.

Someone said I should drive my van to the outside of the garage (on a public road) and put a sign up saying "Do not buy VW Vans as they cannot get parts". Made me chuckle. I'm sure someone has done this. But I cannot be bothered to get into trouble.

G

Sorry to hear about the hassle and troubles tour having with the clutch. R-tec garage seem to have good reviews and they are in Gorseinon. The only other garage I can see that also gets good reviews is Remapping The Way, in the Valleys. Both are on Facbool if this helps.

Thanks @cy294 for your comment. It's gone beyond a local garage now. It's now point of principle. Local garages cannot help (or the two I've been to cannot help due to some parts being dealer only).

G

Someone said I should drive my van to the outside of the garage (on a public road) and put a sign up saying "Do not buy VW Vans as they cannot get parts". Made me chuckle. I'm sure someone has done this. But I cannot be bothered to get into trouble.
Exactly what I’d do, you can’t get into ’trouble’ as it’s legal to protest.
I’m guessing that they would find the parts.

I hope you get it sorted. Pob Lwc.
Diolch @cy294 - Wir yn gobeithio fy mod Sinclair yn dechrau symud pethau ymlaen. Ionawr 17 mae nhw'n dweud bod y part i fod mewn - bydd rhaid byw mewn gobaith.

And translated.....

Thanks @cy294 - I really do hope Sinclair start moving things forward. 17 January is when they say the part is due on. I live in hope.

Gareth

Fi gobeithio y byddwch chi'n ei ddatrys hefyd. Cefais ychydig o drafferth i gael trefn ar fy ffenestri llithro oedd yn gollwng a bu'n rhaid i mi oresgyn cymaint o rwystrau gyda garej Sinclairs

Translation = I hope you get it sorted as well. I had some trouble getting my leaking sliding windows sorted and had to get over so many barriers with Sinclairs.

I'll keep an eye out for you if your in the Cwm Gwendraeth Valley.

Fi gobeithio y byddwch chi'n ei ddatrys hefyd. Cefais ychydig o drafferth i gael trefn ar fy ffenestri llithro oedd yn gollwng a bu'n rhaid i mi oresgyn cymaint o rwystrau gyda garej Sinclairs

Translation = I hope you get it sorted as well. I had some trouble getting my leaking sliding windows sorted and had to get over so many barriers with Sinclairs.

I'll keep an eye out for you if your in the Cwm Gwendraeth Valley.
Diolxh i chi. Fi draw ym Mhrynaman. Sai’n bell wrtho chi.

Nabod lot o bobl draw fyna. Danfona DM draw - falle gallwn cwrdd i drafod vans.

Sorry to hear about the hassle and troubles tour having with the clutch. R-tec garage seem to have good reviews and they are in Gorseinon. The only other garage I can see that also gets good reviews is Remapping The Way, in the Valleys. Both are on Facbool if this helps.
JUst to say, I contacted RTW last night and their guy (Andrew) has been in touch. Main issue is the garage being around an hour away. Going to ring him today. Reviews certainly seem good.

Thanks all,

Gareth

16 Jan update.... spoke to Andy at RTW and he confirms that the part is not available. So..... where to go from here? RTW suggest maybe looking at fitting a 150hp spec clutch - but we are not sure if that would work.

I cannot believe this is taking so long and causing no end of anxiety.

Gareth

Back